Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: WANTED: Keiji Haino & Fushitsusha CDs  (Read 18324 times)

Semperet

• Occasional Poster
Re: WANTED: Keiji Haino & Fushitsusha CDs
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2008, 03:15:06 AM »
Three and a bit days to go and it's at $197.50. I'm out!!!!
Did get the Paratactile set of late for about 30 dollars. I think the Tokuma releases are all I'll be looking for for a while. I've heard two of them so far, but I'd like to own the cds.

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2008, 02:19:30 AM »
interestingly, a copy of that box set has sold on ebay over each of the past three consecutive weeks, for ~$300 then ~$200 then ~$100 (bought by someone who's obviously going to flip it).

this suggests many things, including that the handful of cds i posted this past sunday may  close during the worst ever week in the history of ebay.

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 07:03:54 PM »
So, I was the lucky winner of that second copy of Soul's True Love, the one that went for $206. With postage I paid $220, which worked out as £120, which I feel pretty happy with (a fair price I think), especially as it's in basically mint condition and the 4 discs are actually still sealed in the shrinkwrap!

My question is though - is it right that there's no insert at all and that the only information is that in the CD booklets and the scant Japanese on the outer obi sash?

It seems like maybe there was some kind of press release or something that came with it, that I'm missing? I don't suppose anyone has a spare copy of this, if there is one?

Also, is there a translation of the obi text anywhere? Would anyone be able to do one, if there isn't?

P.S. I hadn't thought of your point janitorfrommars, that this could be a good time for buyers on eBay, as the current financial situation could be putting a lot of people off purchasing, so prices could fall. I have my fingers crossed that this is the case for a few things that I'm watching!
Oh yeah, I agree that the winner of the final cheapest copy of Soul's True Love is very likely to resell it eventually. I'm predicting he chucks a Buy-It-Now of at least $250, if not $300 on it. I wish I'd kept on bidding on it a little further, a second back-up copy after all this waiting would be pretty cool.

Semperet

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 12:07:24 AM »
Colour me stoked, as they once said in the movie Heathers. Just bought Soul's True Love from an American seller on ebay, buy it now, for sixty bucks. That and delivery to Ireland for 15 leaves the whole transaction (figuring in the shitty exchange rate at the moment) at €58. Is this a record?

I can't wait.

krakow

« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 07:55:48 AM »
Wow, it sounds like you had some mighty luck there, that's an amazing price. I admit to being jealous. Congratulations.

Do you have a link to the auction? I can't seem to track it down by searching completed listings

Semperet

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »
Ebay.co.uk, item number: 310096164213

Blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe. From the counter it seems I was the first person to happen upon it--luck? Character is fate, as Thomas Hardy once put it!

krakow

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 05:27:03 PM »
You got there so quickly that it never had a chance to turn up in my 'favourite searches' emails. Fate, luck, blessing... colour you stoked, indeed, whichever way. An amazing bargain.

Semperet

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2008, 06:11:10 AM »

Soul's True Love arrived today--impressive shipping speed. Waiting until the election of the person described by Fox News as "the nation's first half-black president" to give it a proper spin.

krakow

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2009, 05:27:02 PM »
I received an automated email overnight from discogs that there was a copy of the 3'' Tokuma Sruthi Box promo for sale at $120, but it had already gone by the time I woke up. Just wondering if it was anyone here who managed to get it? I'm guessing that there's perhaps a few people lurking about here after it.

Semperet

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2009, 07:40:08 PM »
Not I. Haven't gone back into that market in a while. The new Hurdy-gurdy sounds like my next investment. The only 3" disc I have is by Sting, but this is probably not the correct forum for that admission.

krakow

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2009, 09:40:55 AM »
I'd vote for a permanent ban for that kind of revelation!

krakow

Re: WANTED: Arcane Candy Issue 1
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 05:38:15 PM »
If anyone has a copy of Issue 1 of Arcane Candy from back in 2000 that they'd be willing to part with, then I'd really love to get hold of one.

I know that the content is on the website, but a physical copy would be so much better (ink & paper to the max!). Aye, it's the Haino article that I'm really after. I just got Issue 2 and the PSF piece is wonderful reading. So fullsome.

If you have one, or have any leads, then please do get in touch. Thanks.