Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: WANTED: Keiji Haino & Fushitsusha CDs  (Read 18297 times)

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Re: WANTED: Keiji Haino & Fushitsusha CDs
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 06:39:09 AM »
It was quite a crazy day indeed for Haino fans on the old eBay today.

BzL

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 05:01:50 PM »
I'm going to cherish a little bit more my copy of "The Time Is Nigh", now. It reached $100 twice, two hours separating them... I wanted badly Fushitsuha's "A Death Never to be Complete" and Haino's Tokuma releases but there must have been some Haino fans on their way to complete the collection, no matter what... pc's "Saying I Love You..." went also for a fairly high price.

I just have one question: for Fushitsusha's "Purple Trap" release (on blast first), is $60 a good price? I saw it go for much more both on eBay ($160) and amazon ($120), and very quickly. Just a piece of advice, really, because I couldn't say no.

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 06:44:49 PM »
I just have one question: for Fushitsusha's "Purple Trap" release (on blast first), is $60 a good price? I saw it go for much more both on eBay ($160) and amazon ($120), and very quickly. Just a piece of advice, really, because I couldn't say no.

That's the double CD set, "The Wound that was given birth to must be bigger than the wound that gave birth" right? I think $60 is a good price, if you're buying. Weren't there only ever 500 copies of that released? I was thinking of selling my copy along with the other recent items I unloaded, but when I played it for the first time in ages I thought I might just keep it a bit longer. We all need a little bit of Fushitsusha in our lives, after all! Currently that and the first two PDF ones and the other Tokuma release "The Wisdom Prepared" are things I don't think I'll be selling anytime too soon.

BzL

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 08:58:11 PM »
That's the double CD set, "The Wound that was given birth to must be bigger than the wound that gave birth" right? I think $60 is a good price, if you're buying. Weren't there only ever 500 copies of that released? I was thinking of selling my copy along with the other recent items I unloaded, but when I played it for the first time in ages I thought I might just keep it a bit longer. We all need a little bit of Fushitsusha in our lives, after all! Currently that and the first two PDF ones and the other Tokuma release "The Wisdom Prepared" are things I don't think I'll be selling anytime too soon.
That's the one, you're right! I've actually bought it on Friday. I asked a member of discogs whether he would part from it, and I was lucky enough to be answered yes - he was the winner of the last eBay auction for the 2xLPs of first Fushitsusha live, issued on PSF in '89, so he was looking for some money.
The last auction of "The Wound..." stated there were only 600 copies made at that time, although I found on the "mute" webpage (http://www.mute.com/releases/viewRelease.jsp?id=31711), that it was a special mail order release limited to 1000 copies. Anyway it seems you're right (http://www.furious.com/Perfect/haino.html), it's only 500 copies, with Wire magazine. What I'm sure about is that the last two copies sold on the web went for a very high price in a very short period of time (2 days on amazon, 6 hours on eBay).

I think "The Wisdom Prepared" is less worth than, say, "A Death Never to be Complete" or "Pathétique"; anyhow, you got it: "We all need a little bit of Fushitsusha in our lives, after all!"  ;D

inge

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 11:17:36 PM »
Probably a good idea to reissue a few of the more important titles. Seeing speculation like this was probably not the artists intent in the first place. (Well, who am I to know.)

Pretty sure the Blast First box was pressed in more than 500 copies, even if they claimed otherwise.

alancummings

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 01:29:35 AM »
I'm not sure. I remember it as being sold as being limited at the time. Both of the releases on Blast First were only done to cover the costs of some gigs that BF put on in London. Or at least that was my understanding.

BzL

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 04:37:39 AM »
Speaking of this, do we have an idea of how many "Soul's True Love" boxes were pressed back to '95? I am wondering about that, there are very few information available on the web. Alan, maybe you have an idea?  :)

alancummings

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 04:58:10 AM »
a bit of a mystery, unfortunately. I remember that funds were tight, so it might only have been 500. magazine ads from the time make no mention of a pressing size.

BzL

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 05:37:13 AM »
This box set is definitely the most obscure part of Haino's discography. Arcane Candy seems to situate the Fushitsusha performance from 1978, is this true? Or it just "sounds like" the PSF live? This will be my last question about the box set, don't worry  ;)

Again, many thanks for the information!

alancummings

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 06:22:48 AM »
The box itself gives little clue as to exactly when the Fushitsusha disk was recorded. But the wording of the description on the obi suggests that this was probably recorded before Fushitsusha took shape - 'in this most basic style of rock guitar and vocals, indications of the dawn of Fushitsusha hang in the air'.

The earliest incarnations of the group were said to be two duos with Tamio Shiraishi and Ayuo Takahashi. Who appears on the box is hard to tell - the first track has some drumming near its end (as does tr4) which doesn't feel overdubbed to me. Track 3 has some synthesizer that could conceivably be Shiraishi. Or conceivably someone else.
But I guess mystery must reign until someone finally pins Haino down in a book.

BzL

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 05:24:50 PM »
Isn't there a book, already? On poisonpie, they talk about a French one. Some of you have read it? I'd like to. Unfortunately, it's too rare - I visited a place last weekend where they sold only a couple of copies, years ago.
http://poisonpie.com/sounds/haino/text/hkbook.html
I admit 91 pages aren't enough, though, for answering this kind of questions... and this is more from a philosophic point of view.

BzL

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 11:19:04 PM »
Soul's True Love box set up for sale on eBay.

http://www.discogs.com/release/1310579

krakow

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 03:33:08 AM »
Aye, I was bidding, but once again it got too rich for my tastes in the end (going for £166). How much did you win pc's copy for BzL? I remember it was around $250, right?

BzL

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2008, 10:12:45 PM »
Yes, I had to spend around $250 for it - plus shipping costs I think it was $290 or so.

I don't know if you got me right, but there is another auction for the box.
http://cgi.ebay.fr/Fushitsusha-Keiji-Haino-4-CD-box-Souls-True-Love-NEW_W0QQitemZ360091541637QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360091541637&_trkparms=72%3A1034|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
For the moment, 12.16 USD is not that "too rich", is it?  :P

krakow

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2008, 04:34:33 AM »
I received the notice about that auction just after I posted and realised that you would be referring to it, rather than the just finished one that I linked to. It will be interesting to see how high this second copy goes for, since it's been posted immediately after another one just sold. I'll be throwing my hat into the ring again, but am skeptical that it will be any more affordable than the last one.