Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: WANTED: Keiji Haino & Fushitsusha CDs  (Read 17565 times)

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
WANTED: Keiji Haino & Fushitsusha CDs
« on: March 24, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »
As promised, here's my more general Haino wanted thread (cross posted on the foreverdoomed forums).

The Haino bug has bitten me hard, and I'm currently on the hunt for pretty much any of the more difficult to locate Keiji Haino and Fushitsusha CDs. I have, or am in the gradual process of getting, all the relatively easy to obtain stuff on PSF, so it's the out of print and harder to find bits that I'm looking for. Thankfully I don't currently do vinyl, so it's only CDs that I'm after.

My particular wants are listed below, but I'm interested in hearing about pretty much anything, and hopefully could negotiate up to reasonable sums depending on the item. Money is an issue though, so I'm afraid I can't pay truly big bucks. Obviously I'm looking for as good a condition as possible (I'm one of those pernickety arseholes about the condition of my CDs).

If anyone has anything they're willing to part with, or knows of any leads to any of this stuff elsewhere, then please let me know. Thanks.

Fushitsusha

"The Wound that was given birth to must be bigger than the wound that gave birth" a.k.a. "Purple Trap"
Blast First/Disobey - BFFP 124 - 1996

"A Death Never To Be Complete"
Tokuma Japan Communications - TKCF 77014 - 1997

"The Time is Nigh"
Tokuma Japan Communications - TKCF 77015 - 1997

"A Little Longer Thus"
Tokuma Japan Communications - TKCF 77020 - 1998

"The Wisdom Prepared"
Tokuma Japan Communications - TKCF 77021 - 1998

"I saw it! That which before I could only sense..."
Paratactile - PLE1106/07-2 - 2000

Keiji Haino

"The Book of "Eternity Set Aflame""
Forced Exposure - FE 036 - 1996

"Saying I love you, I continue to curse myself"
Blast First/Disobey - BFFP 109 - 1996

""C'est parfait" endoctriné tu tombes la tête la première"
Turtles' Dream - TDCD-01 - 2003

"Sruthi Box"
Tokuma Japan Communications - PSJF-9704 - 1997

"The 21st Century Hard-y Guide-y Man Even Now, Still I Think"
Tokuma Japan Communications - TKCF 77023 - 1998

"Black Blues (Soft version)"
Les disques du soleil et de l'acier - DSA 54087 - 2004

krakow

Re: WANTED: Keiji Haino & Fushitsusha CDs
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 07:46:29 PM »
I'd also really love to get hold of the 4 disc "Soul's True Love" box set released in 1995 on Purple Trap (PT 001-004), of course, and it was mentioned briefly elsewhere that there's some shops in Japan which have loads of them. I'm pessimistic about this, but does anybody else have any information as to whether this is possibly true? Anyone in Japan who finds it true and spots one in a bargain bin, please let me know.

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 03:10:51 AM »
Your post finally pushed me to putting my copy of the "Soul's True Love" box up on ebay. I'm not starting it cheap - but it's half the price it cost me initially. Copies turn up on the Japanese Yahoo! auctions fairly frequently, and go for quite high prices, so I'm unsure how much truth there is in the comment about there being lots of these still in shops over here.

Anyway, feel free to bid...here

BzL

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 07:06:20 AM »
Well, I just couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this auction! now I understand better why there is finally a chance to get it.  :) I didn't know before reading this, but I sent you a PM on ebay about this item. Anyway, thanks for putting this up for auction. I hope you'll be interested, for Haino is a true legend to me.

BzL

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 01:46:42 AM »
If anyone interested, there's an auction on eBay up for Haino's 1st LP (1981).
Click here!

krakow

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 03:43:20 PM »
I bid on Soul's True Love, but it got too expensive for me; as much as I want it, I can't afford its price at the moment. Good luck with the auction.

Out of interest, how much does it go for on the Japanese Yahoo! auctions? I wasn't able to figure out how to search on the yahoo auctions site, let alone for completed auctions.

BzL

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 05:49:26 AM »
I bid on Soul's True Love, but it got too expensive for me; as much as I want it, I can't afford its price at the moment. Good luck with the auction.

Out of interest, how much does it go for on the Japanese Yahoo! auctions? I wasn't able to figure out how to search on the yahoo auctions site, let alone for completed auctions.
I finally won this "Soul's True Love" auction, at the very end. I knew it would go for this kind of high price, very expensive - as much as a Kan Mikami box... I'm glad though, so many thanks to pc for this auction: there have been two years I was looking forward to this.

krakow, I can provide you digital format of the boxset if you wish, I can imagine how disappointed you may be. May you need any help, feel free to contact me.  :)

There's also a new & sealed "Koko" album from Haino up on auction... I think I'll let this pass by, but as it's quite interesting, so just to inform you. As well as the first Haino LP, the first Fushitsusha's 2xLP on PSF is also available... Sometimes you can find lots of rarities in a week.

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 08:52:40 AM »

The last copy I saw on Yahoo auctions in Japan went for just under 15000 yen. So it might be cheaper to get hold of a copy there, if it ever shows up. Only potential issue is that a lot of the Japanese sellers say they won't ship or sell internationally, and most don't accept PayPal, usually only bank transfers or cash on delivery.

krakow

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 04:25:55 PM »
Congratulations BzL, I'm glad that someone who sounds like they'll really enjoy and appreciate it won out. Thanks very much for your offer too. I might take you up on it at some point, but for the moment I think I'll hold out, hoping that my first listen might eventually be to the real thing.

I saw "Koko" and will probably throw my bid into the ring for that too, though I well expect it to also go beyond my currently meager means. Thankfully I don't 'do' vinyl at the moment, so I'm saved there.

Thanks pc. It was more just out of interest rather than  thinking I might be able to pick up a copy that way, because as you say there are many difficulties for a non-Japanese-speaker, especially one not located in Japan, to navigate and use the Japanese Yahoo! auctions system, which is a real shame.

alancummings

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 06:00:47 PM »
Weirdly, I don't think Yahoo Auctions actually allows to look at the results of non-current auctions, unless you do it by seller name. Though the most recent sales will usually show up somewhere in a google search.

krakow

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 10:38:30 PM »
The seemingly blanket policy not to ship internationally is a bit of a sticking point, even after managing to at least search for 灰野敬二 or 不失者 (thanks to discogs for the copy and paste).

alancummings

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 10:55:22 PM »
I believe it's a box that is automatically selected for the sellers. Some of them are willing to ship abroad if you ask them beforehand. But, you're right, there are a lot who are just paranoid about any "toraburu" (trouble), packages going missing, etc. When I have persuaded people to send stuff internationally I've either said that I will take all responsibility if the package goes missing, or else get them to send by the fully guaranteed and traceable (and expensive) EMS mail.

But to be fair, it's just that on a practical level it is so much easier to deal with Japanese customers. Goods can be sent cash on delivery, for example. And they have their own system of online payments - most Japanese, unless they buy stuff on Amazon, have never heard of Paypal. Japanese banks are amazingly inept at accepting international payments, and their charges are ridiculous.

ruach

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »
There are many proxy services to help overseas buyers bid on Yahoo JP auctions.
In particular; http://www.spe.bigbig.com/, Hajime/parachutes (haji0312@gmail.com), and Hide (info@sharpservice.jp / http://sharpservice.jp/ [which seems to be down right now]).

I have used Hajime several times to buy mainly clothes and books online and have had no troubles.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 02:12:10 PM by ruach »

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 02:53:14 PM »
I've just put my copy of the Haino solo Blast First CD "Saying I love you, I continue to curse myself" up on ebay, some of you may be interested in it.

I'll be adding a few more either to the noise.as shopping section, or ebay throughout the day, time permitting.

BzL

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 05:06:53 AM »
Wow, Tokuma releases went for many dollars today on eBay... very expensive...  :(