Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Zuno Keisatsu  (Read 3944 times)

Speedfreak

• Occasional Poster
Zuno Keisatsu
« on: March 17, 2008, 08:27:16 PM »
Hi to all,
I have a question about Zuno Keisatsu. Is Toshi playing on all there albums? I know he plays on the first three ones and the sixth (Akutare Kozo). But on the fourth (Tanjo) and fifth (Kamengekino Hero Wo Kokusoshiro; who's plying on this one besides Panta?) I don't find his name in the booklets. Did he left the band for a short time? If yes, does anybody know why? I hope somebody here can give me some information. Thanks!!!

alancummings

Re: Zuno Keisatsu
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 07:29:24 AM »
You're right that Toshi doesn't play on the 4th and 5th albums - he returned to the band immediately after the 5th album was released. In an interview with Toshi in Rokku Gaho no.5, he gives the following explanation:
"I was tired, tired of Zuno Keisatsu... Tired of the music. I originally liked our freer stuff better, so I told Panta I was leaving the band. In the end I took about a year off."

It seems that in that year he did some free stuff with his own Electric Percussion Group, and he played with Taj Mahal Travellers for a while.

The other members on the 4th and 5th albums are:
Makaino Koji (keyboards)
Takebe Hideaki (bass)
Tanaka Kiyoshi (drums)

Speedfreak

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 05:10:35 PM »
Thank you very much for the information!! I'm glad Toshi came back. For me the 4th album is the weakest. The 5th is getting better again, the 6th with Toshi is really great.

And by the way, thanks Alan for ur great translations for the PSF Kan Mikami albums. I wish your translations would be in all his albums. Did you translate for his new album "JUW"?

BzL

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 06:16:15 PM »
I am upping this topic for Panta's discography. I don't know much about Zuno Keisatsu (for the moment) but I was interested to get the Genyasai Concert '71 released on FlLying Pulishers (with bonus DVD). This label reissued the band's first album that was censored, this is OK. But it seems they are only specializing into Panta's materials.
See: http://www.fly-p.com/ (Panta->discography).

I was wondering whether it was a real label or just fan club releases; if there was a possibility to buy the albums; and I must admit, if they are worth of it - I mean if it is like Zuno Keisatsu's materials, because from the cover arts I suspect them to sound really 80s. No offense here.

PS: is there any chance to have Zuno Keisatu's lyrics translated somewhere on the web? I'd like to know why they were so left-winged to be censored. My Japanese is rubbish.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 06:21:33 PM by BzL »

Speedfreak

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 05:46:18 PM »
I like Zuno Keisatsu very very much. Flying Publishers re-released all the old albums (6 in total) and some Live albums, like 1973 live and the Live Document 1972-1975 Box Set (7CDs and one DVD). I'm still try to find the box set but were not successful so far.

I never heard any Panta solo stuff, so I can't say anything about it.
The  lyrics will be very hard to find.I dn't kow any source on the web. But maybe someone of the japanese speakers here in the forum can help.
Some years ago a japanese friend of miine translated the first album for me, but in German. I will try to find it, at the moment I don't know where is it. If I find it I will translate to English.