Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wanted: Keiji Haino - 21st Century Hard-y Guide-y Man: Even Now Still I Think  (Read 2347 times)

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
I'm looking for a copy of the Keiji Haino album " The 21st Century Hard-y Guide-y Man: Even Now Still I Think", which came out on Tokuma in 1998.

Not to be confused with the 1995 PSF album "Twenty-first Century Hard-y Guide-y Man", which I believe is still readily available from PSF et al.

I really enjoy Haino's droney stuff, but am having trouble tracking this down, except for at an extortionate price.

I'm willing to negotiate up to what I hope would be a reasonable sum, but am quite pernickety about the condition of my CDs so am really looking for as good a condition as possible.

If anyone has a copy they're willing to part with, or knows of any leads, then please let me know. Thanks.

There's quite a few Haino CDs that I'm after, but I need to figure out what I want a bit more properly before starting to hunt in earnest for those, so I may start a more general wanted thread later.

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
there are two (presumably hard to find) Tokuma releases available from Forced Exposure:

Keeping on Breathing
Drawing Close, Attuning (collaboration with Derek Bailey)

$31 each however  :-\

Guess that might be better than eBay

krakow

Thanks.

It looks like they also have the Aihiyo album on Tokuma, which is also difficult and expensive to get hold of, but really great.

I might well pick up the other two (I have the Aihiyo), if they really do have them and the shipping isn't too horrific. The £/$ exchange rate means that, although $31 is expensive, it's not that crazy for me here in the UK.

krakow

I just ordered the two Tokuma titles from Forced Exposure; Keiji Haino - Keeping On Breathing and Keiji Haino/Derek Bailey - Drawing Close, Attuning, along with Keiji Haino - Next, Let's Try Changing the Shape on Swordfish, which also doesn't seem that easy to get hold of nowadays. An expensive haul, but the Haino bug is biting hard at the moment.

Unfortunately I just missed out on a copy of the 21st Century Hard-y Guide-y Man album that I started this thread for that pc was selling on the noise.as site as I was humming and hawing about buying it due to the pretty expensive price tag. I probably should have just gone for it while I had the chance. Sigh. The search continues.