Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ebay watch  (Read 24282 times)

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Ebay watch
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:56:04 PM »
How about a thread for items spotted on ebay that might be of potential interest to other noise.as folks? Either your own sales or simply interesting auctions that you happened to spot.

I'll kick off with a claimed original copy of the Oz Days Live double LP, featuring Les Rallizes Denudes and Taj Mahal Travellers, which is currently sitting at $450 with a day and a half to go. Maybe someone has the disposable income and collector's desire to have a bid at this?

BzL

Re: Ebay watch
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:56:03 AM »
The thread is a good idea.

I'm not sure about the bid, though.  ;)
Reminds me the original Haino's "Watashi Dake?" LP few weeks ago, but this one will be sold at a very high price. Funny thing is that OZ Days is constantly being sold on ebay, each month you're able to purchase one if you wish. Oh, and if you have the money, too.

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 11:18:29 AM »
How much did "Watashi Dake?" go for?

I think I'd be pretty disappointed with the Oz Days LP if I paid what it's up to now! That is, if I was buying it for the music.

So who's interested in a copy of the Love Live Life + One LP "Love Will Make a Better You"? Not the original, but the LP "reissue" that came out in the early 90s? I might put my copy up on ebay soon, I doubt I'll ever listen to it again.

BzL

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 02:58:56 AM »
How much did "Watashi Dake?" go for?
I think it was 160$... and now it's being sold on another website for 198€.

krakow

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »
OZ Days Live went for $1,326.99 in the end.

krakow

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 04:29:57 PM »
Another copy of the original 1981 Watashi Dake LP, as mentioned by BzL in another thread, just went for $131.50 with 12 bids, for the record.

krakow

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »
Also as mentioned by BzL, here's the Fushitsusha PSF LP. It's currently at $83 with just over 14 hours to go. I believe some people were looking for a copy of this.

BzL

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 06:31:28 PM »
Also as mentioned by BzL, here's the Fushitsusha PSF LP. It's currently at $83 with just over 14 hours to go. I believe some people were looking for a copy of this.
Just to give an idea, I had my copy of this 2xLP for $105 as a Christmas present.
This one may reach a higher price though.

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 10:39:25 PM »
Someone gave me a copy of this for free  ;D - some years back now. But it used to often turn up 2nd hand for only 3000 or 4000 yen...whenever I was in Tokyo, I used to regularly see copies in places like Disk Union for pretty reasonable prices, so I never thought this was that rare a release. It might be one of those items you can get through the Yahoo Japan auctions or similar for way cheaper than on ebay.

And I have to say, while I've lost interest in many of the solo Haino releases for various reasons, this double Fushitsusha album is something I don't think I'll be parting with anytime soon - it's really one of the highlights of not just Haino's career, but the whole contemporary Japanese underground.

krakow

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2008, 03:35:20 PM »
It finished up at $90.

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 04:00:14 AM »
Someone gave me a copy of this for free  ;D - some years back now. But it used to often turn up 2nd hand for only 3000 or 4000 yen...whenever I was in Tokyo, I used to regularly see copies in places like Disk Union for pretty reasonable prices, so I never thought this was that rare a release. It might be one of those items you can get through the Yahoo Japan auctions or similar for way cheaper than on ebay.

eh, i have a theory that the japanese pricing / availability of this kind of thing has gone up due to the advent of people who cover japan ask to flip for int'l bid on ebay.

btw disc union were selling deadstock copies of oz days a few years back for ~\50000, guess i should have bought them all(!)

for the record psf 3/4 is immense but i personally view the time is nigh as the sina qua non of haino/fushitsusha.  even compared to 15/16.

krakow

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2008, 05:17:01 AM »
for the record psf 3/4 is immense but i personally view the time is nigh as the sina qua non of haino/fushitsusha.  even compared to 15/16.

Damn it that those Tokuma Fushitsusha titles are so bloody hard to get hold of.

BzL

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 03:29:48 PM »
I must say I kinda agree with janitorfrommars about this. "The Time is Nigh" is really haunting, less "parodic" than the double-live sets (PSF's, "Purple Trap" and "I Saw It!") or, say, Pathetique. Still, every piece is most enjoyable.

Now that's true it's hard to grab most of the Tokuma. I remember I had the chance to get "A Death Never to be Complete"  for $20, but I had to chose (that day I bought "The Time is Nigh" and "The Wisdom Prepared" for the same price). In a few hours, there was nothing left.

Oh yes, and about the '96 "Purple Trap" double live (ltd to 500 copies on Blast First) : a copy was sold immediately on eBay for $150, four hours after the beginning of the auction. There was another one on amazon.fr, for $110, sold in a couple of days.

Maybe you have to become a hardcore record geek to find something - at least on the web  ;D

krakow

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 03:32:22 PM »
Or get a better job, so that I can buy with impunity, without having to worry about paying my mortgage because of it.

BzL

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 03:37:20 PM »
Definitely. Or maybe start a new collection of g-rap records.  ;)