Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Denudes' cash-in-quick enterprise  (Read 35539 times)

BzL

Re: Denudes' cash-in-quick enterprise
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 02:46:08 AM »
Yep, I also saw this one. Y50,000 for one disc, we reach high levels here.
Do you have an idea about the number of copies printed for '77 Live? Its price is far too high, I can't afford this (for the moment?), although for many it's like the Grail of Japan underground.
Still you have to know somebody in Japan to take care of the shipping overseas.

I am currently wondering about the "Over Level" OBI strip on the red double disc. First time I see that, and it's strange; I just found a boot called "Le 12 mars 1977 à Tachikawa" (the one with a black cover), and the label's name is the same as written on the obi here.
Is it supposed to be some kind of official release, or is it a bootleg version made by the same label? In the latter suggestion, was it re-printed with the same audio quality?

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 05:08:36 PM »
I am currently wondering about the "Over Level" OBI strip on the red double disc. First time I see that, and it's strange; I just found a boot called "Le 12 mars 1977 à Tachikawa" (the one with a black cover), and the label's name is the same as written on the obi here.
Is it supposed to be some kind of official release, or is it a bootleg version made by the same label? In the latter suggestion, was it re-printed with the same audio quality?

My copy of the "77 Live" double has the same obi with "Over Level" on it, as have all the other copies I've seen (online). As far as I'm aware, it's the original.

BzL

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2008, 04:32:23 AM »
Thanks for your help! Maybe one day...

However, now that's sure, I'm planning to buy some LRD stuff on Univive (or Ignuitas). I'd be much thankful if anyone could just pick up the best releases from the entire catalog, because I don't really know what to chose, even while reading coquille's posts - though very helpful. But I'm looking for something with a good sound quality, and I'd be likely to purchase only some "official" stuff in a 3 or 4-CD boxset. If it also looks good, it's perfect!
Somebody told me to pick up "Great White Wonder" but this compilation was the only one he listened to, along with '77 live. "Wild Strips" seems also to be worth, while grabbing "Mars Studio 1980" looks like another good choice to me. I'd love to have actual CDs, not CDRs (even though I don't think it makes that big difference).

I'm completely lost in this semi-official bootleg collection. Help?  :-\
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:09:40 AM by BzL »

alancummings

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2008, 06:16:37 AM »
My recommendation would be to go for a couple of titles, if you can afford it - one from the classic strung out 80/81 period with Fujio Yamaguchi (ie Double Heads or Mars Studio), and another from the crunchier period around 76. I must say that the latest one, Volcanic Performance, has grown on me quite a bit. It has one show from 75, another from 76, and some scraps from 79.

Incidentally, all of the recent Univive stuff has been on pressed CDs, though there may be some of the older titles still floating around on CDr.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 06:36:11 AM by alancummings »

BzL

« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2008, 06:39:03 AM »
Thanks alan  :) Do "Double Heads" and "Volcanic Performance" have a good sound? I mean I've just listened to "Cradle Saloon '78" and I found amazing the sound quality - more than "Mars Studio 1980" for example. It's very important for me, it costs so much I wouldn't like a bootleg with tape winds...

BzL

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2008, 02:10:37 AM »
Many thanks Coquille! So after all this, I am currently looking forward to get one (or two?) of these records:

"Double Heads" / $110
http://www.psfmm.com/product/10695
It's not in the "Univive" catalog on PSF, but it has the logo and the good cover... What do they mean by "STANDARDEDITION"? Are they CDRs and not the 2007 reissue ?
Good thing would be the 6 CDs (!), but I never had a chance to read something about the audio quality of recordings. If anyone could just tell me its sound is as good as "Live '77" or the following Cradle Saloon, I'd go for it directly. Info and advice needed here!

"Cradle Saloon '78" / $80
http://www.psfmm.com/product/10944
I have a digital version, and this is the BEST audio quality I heard from Univive so far. A shame that it's actual CDrs, though.

"Volcanic Performance" / $85
http://www.psfmm.com/product/10809
As it seems to be one of the best choices out there!

Can I order in English from the PSF's US website? Would they charge me only $4 for insurance for the order?
When this order is finished, don't worry, I won't be asking so much things  ;) Many thanks again for your help, I just need a little boost about the audio quality.

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2008, 07:59:36 AM »
The sound quality of "Double Heads" is good - as good as "Cradle Saloon", at least. The performances are a bit more languid than what they were doing a few years earlier, but they don't suffer because of that. I think the version I bought was also the "Standard Edition", and it's real CDs, not CD-rs. I'd recommend it.

The PSF website's shopping cart system is Japanese-only, I think; at least Ive never seen an English option when using it. But I'm sure if you send them an email with details of what you want to order, they'll do the order for you.

Coquille

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2008, 12:38:22 AM »
Yes, the 2007 UNIVIVE-014: Double Heads - Standard [6CD] is a reissue of
the 2005 UNIVIVE-003/004: Double Heads - Limited [6CDR].
The CDR version was:
   Double Heads [4CDR]
+ Black Rainbow [2CDR]
+ an individually #'d  (stamp usually smudged) slipcase.
It was also more expensive than the current version....

difficult

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2008, 11:39:26 PM »
You should be able to order from PSF via the label - but they will charge postage on non-label albums, rather than just the $4 insurance on label releases.

Speedfreak

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 03:18:58 AM »
I have a question about the Ethan Mousike Video. Someone send me a copy on DVD, but it's just nearly 90 mins long. The covers says 140 mins. Is the information on the cover wrong or do i have an incomplete copy? Otherwise it's a great to see the live in action. How long runs the 1994 Final Era DVD? I plan to order it soon. The quality is ok?

Speedfreak

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 07:08:28 PM »
Thanks for your help.
On my copy there is the 30 mins version of "The Last One". I was just suspicious because there is a sudden stop of the video at min 46, the sound still goes further. The end is ok, there are the credits and the 2 mins segmenr. But, ok one day I might get a complete version. I missed the info about the 1994 DVD in the other thread. Thanks for guiding me there. Looking forward to more information from you about all the releases.

BzL

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 06:12:27 AM »
Help please!!!

Today I just got my 2 Univive sets. It's been amazing to listen to it having some good quality item in my hands. So I looked for the prices of other releases if, eventually, I'd be looking for more. I found this:
Here http://www.psfmm.com/product/10987

What is THIS?  :o
Could anyone tell me what it is about? Is it a box set? Is it some kind of Univive best of?

The price is very high but it seems there would be 11 CDs in total, from different sources.

Thanks in advance for your help!

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »

I've been working on this for a while. Two of the four new releases on the Modern Music site are CD reissues of "Cradle Saloon" and "Great White Wonder." I guess if you buy them all they'll throw in a photo book or something.

I doubt two things about Univive: that they're "Mizutani approved" and that they're that limited. 

Univive Discography

Univive-001 "Mars Studio 1980" 3CD + bonus disk
   bonus disk is Univive-011 "Double Heads September"

Univive-002 "Laid Down '76" 3CDR + bonus CDR

Univive-003 "Double Heads" 4CDR
   reissued together with "Black Rainbow" Univive-004 as Univive-014 "Double Heads" 6CD                   

Univive-004 "Black Rainbow" 2CDR
   reissued together with "Double Heads" Univive-003 as Univive-14 "Double Heads" 6CD

Univive-005 "Laid Down '76 Again" CDR
   included in CD pressing of "Volcanic Performance" Univive-017 as a bonus disk

Univive-006 "One More Night Tripper" 4CDR

Univive-007 "Cradle Saloon '78" 4CDR

Univive-008 "Great White Wonder" 3CDR + bonus CDR

Univive-009 "Wild Trips" 5CD

Univive-010 "Naked Diza Star" 3CD

Univive-011 "Double Heads September" CD
   included in CD pressing of "Mars Studio 1980" as a bonus disk

Univive-012 "End of Heavy Groove" 2CD

Univive-013 "Neu Products Era" 4CD

Univive-014 "Double Heads" 6CD
   CD reissue of CDRs Univive-003, Univive-004

Univive-015 "Mizutani 2 with Association Love Songs" 3CD

Univive-016 "Cable Hogue Soundtrack" 2CD

Univive-017 "Volcanic Performance" 4CD + bonus disk
   bonus disk is Univive-005 "Laid Down '76 Again

upcoming releases:

"'77 Live & Rare: Great White Wonder" 4CD
"Cradle Saloon '78—Standard edition" 2CD
"Wild Trips in the West - Longest Night" 3CD
"Critical Trips" 2CD

BzL

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2008, 11:13:41 PM »
Thanks for the information natsukas! So if I understood well, they offer to pre-order the whole set of them for 26 000 Yen. Is there nothing more about it, like, say, a promotionnal offer - bonus disc for example?

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2008, 02:29:49 AM »
Salut,
Juste un livre viendrait en bonus mais c'est très flou...Les 2 premiers sets de cette souscription limitée à 100 ex devaient sortir en juillet et le reste en septembre-octobre ! Aucune news depuis, rien à l'horizon...Bien entendu il fallait payer en avance... :-\