Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Denudes' cash-in-quick enterprise  (Read 35560 times)

Tsurunasi

Re: Denudes' cash-in-quick enterprise
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 06:52:44 AM »
Limited issues to 1000 copies is just perfect I guess

I wonder if those 300 White Heavens are gone yet.  ;) I mean, it's by far their best, it's vinyl, the price aint too crazy, and there's even a bonustrack on it - (well half a bonustrack, and not something to get all exited about). The lp is really worth the money. (Strange band, strange strange band though....)

O, talking about bonustracks: those on the Marble Sheeps 'Tokyo 1988' re-release are great! Mostly bonustracks suck butt, but these really rule!

I think the Heino site is just messing with my brain too much. I like it when an artist site  goes like this
Artist: xxxx
year one: he did this
year two: he did this
et cetera.
I'm old fashioned that way.  :-[

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 04:43:17 PM »
...shipping rates...

PSF is good for shipping - it's a flat $4 charge for insurance for your order, whatever the size. Other postage is absorbed into the prices.

SILVUM

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 10:51:42 PM »
...shipping rates...

PSF is good for shipping - it's a flat $4 charge for insurance for your order, whatever the size. Other postage is absorbed into the prices.

The US PSF or the Japanese one?  Do you just email them?  Will they send a list of what's available>?

krakow

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 04:51:06 AM »
The $4 shipping applies to both. The English website only lists PSF label stuff, but if you identify things on the Japanese site that you want then you can order them too with the same shipping deal I believe. Just email about what you're after and they give a price in US$ in my experience. I've not done it for a while, but I believe this should still be the case, my apologies if things are different now.
I don't know if they'd provide a list of what's available, but it's usually possible to identify things on the Japanese site just from the sleeves and the little snatches of English.
In the first instance I'd just email a list of what you're after to the order address on the English version of the website and see what they come up with.

BzL

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2008, 10:38:23 PM »
I think the Heino site is just messing with my brain too much. I like it when an artist site  goes like this
Artist: xxxx
year one: he did this
year two: he did this
et cetera.
I'm old fashioned that way.  :-[
Maybe that will be helpful: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/keiji_haino
This website is very known I suppose, but here, you got the discography the way you like it. ;)

The $4 shipping applies to both. The English website only lists PSF label stuff, but if you identify things on the Japanese site that you want then you can order them too with the same shipping deal I believe. Just email about what you're after and they give a price in US$ in my experience. I've not done it for a while, but I believe this should still be the case, my apologies if things are different now.
I don't know if they'd provide a list of what's available, but it's usually possible to identify things on the Japanese site just from the sleeves and the little snatches of English.
In the first instance I'd just email a list of what you're after to the order address on the English version of the website and see what they come up with.
Really good is just paying 4$ to have your item shipped everywhere. I ordered the Fushitsusha 15/16 once, but I wonder if they charge this fee for every item (which I think it's the case). Thanks for the info, I may try to order from psfmm.

But for the moment there's something dwelling on ebay. I guess I ain't the only one who's seen it, but the price already begins to be very high.

Tsurunasi

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 03:04:54 AM »
Maybe that will be helpful: http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/keiji_haino
This website is very known I suppose, but here, you got the discography the way you like it.
Wink

Yes!
That´s the way I like it.
Thanks!

Strange that I never saw this before. Hm. My Google must have created a mind of it´s own...  (or is pissed off at me because I sometimes write angry stuff about Japanese Music and am not a total devotee  ;D )

Tsurunasi

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 02:23:32 AM »
Latest:
Only 3 stores in Japan have Univive stuff in stock. They only have a hotmailaddress, no contactaddress, and no address where the stuff came from.

:-\

And this comes from the Tiliqua Records website:

And for closures, a comment on Julian Cope's “Japrocksampler” book that yesterday arrived here. So allow me to act for a brief moment as the devil's advocate since the subject lies close to my heart. When I first heard about this book being prepared I was pleased and had high expectations. Although I had not yet the time to digest it properly and only quickly leaped through it for about 15 minutes, I could not but be astonished by the fact that this book could be fantastic but instead sadly meandered towards mediocrity. Again a missed opportunity due to poor research or hardly deploying any of the renowned Japanese sources (be it in print or living) on the subject and relying for a large part on secondhand info and western publications. So far, I could detect some flagrant errors in for example his top 50 list by putting down some labels wrong, assuming bootleg editions to be legal issues on other occasions, some facts on obscure bands seem to be single handedly fabricated by him without even bothering to research it in depth, transcription mistakes, etc. So when digesting it more closely some other things may pop up (I hope not so fingers crossed) but so far for a first impression. If you are after a detailed and thorough book on the subject I am afraid this one will miss its intended purpose since it only scratches the surface a bit without blemishing the varnish. However if an entertaining read where facts and fiction seem to interact on several occasions and you are just looking for an easy and ankle-deep introduction into this subject, it may please and provide you with some guidance in order to steer you through the murky waters of Japanese rock music. The good thing about it is that Cope obviously loves the music (how dubious his personal tastes may be) and by this is trying to open it up to a broader audience. I hope it will do the trick. Anyway, it will be fun to leaf through though without giving it too much thought.

8)

Tsurunasi

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 08:57:31 PM »
Aaaaargh! How to get my hands on those?!!!

I better ask a distro guy I know to 'get me some' or I'll be puking ??????????????????????????????? for the rest of my life.

For those of you who will be broke until doomsday:

http://wehavenozen.blogspot.com/

(if this doesn't fuck up your conscience...)

krakow

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »
Thanks so much for that Coquille. It looks great.

As a corollary, do you have most (all) of the stuff you've listed and, if so, which would you particularly recommend or advise on staying away at least at first?

Tsurunasi

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 10:06:45 PM »
Krakow, seems you don't see any trouble getting your hands on those titels Coquille posted.
HOW DO YOU DO IT?!

Tsurunasi

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008, 12:55:19 AM »
O,
never mind.

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 08:50:57 AM »
!
 UNIVIVE-016-Cable Hogue-2CD 

Good stuff...
"Double Heads" :[003/004]4CDR,2CDR/"Limited"=+wraparound ; [014]"Standard"=6CD  - i only know that it is different artwork....The August 1980 (restored with portion previously lost in 10CDR prior to 45min tape run-out) now unedited, is a strong contender for Rallizes' most compelling work..quite a progression from 77LIVE. The first Yamaguchi is well countered with the final Yamaguchi: "Black Rainbow" a titanic, sludge-take on four standards also now unedited from the 10CDR sets...

We like the UNIVIVE-007-Great White Wonder with it's cruddy garbage compactor-like fidelity ambience

I've only heard a handful of these releases, but I agree the "Double heads" (6 CD) set and "Great White Wonder" are pretty good, if you can afford them. Keep away from the "Cable Hogue" soundtrack, it's a pretty frustrating mixed bag, with tracks edit at random spots and what I feel is a pretty unessential selection of tracks.

krakow

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2008, 04:40:33 AM »
Taking bets now...

BzL

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 10:59:58 PM »
I didn't think it was actually possible to get this one.
'77 Live for $735.
Another one here for much less.

Are there many copies being sold like this on yahoo auctions?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:02:37 PM by BzL »

alancummings

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2008, 01:44:17 AM »
You do see them occasionally.
The solo Mizutani disk is always said to be the most expensive, as it was apparently pressed in a smaller run than the other two. Someone has a copy on at the moment, starting at 50,000 yen.
http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t72522242