Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Denudes' cash-in-quick enterprise  (Read 34715 times)

Tsurunasi

Denudes' cash-in-quick enterprise
« on: January 09, 2008, 04:25:30 AM »
I'm new here. So I don't know if this has been discussed yet. But I'd really like to hear some opinions on those Univive releases by Les Rallizes Denudes and the amount of dollars you have to pay for those.

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
Re: Denudes' cash-in-quick enterprise
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 02:13:36 AM »
Can't understand why anyone would want to pay $100+ for a few CD-Rs, or even CDs.  Unless youve got loads of money to throw away .  i'll settle with the considerably cheaper ($20 range) bootlegs

pjc

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:32:03 PM »
I think it's worth paying the money for the guarantee of quality that Univive represents. They use the best sources, are well mastered, well presented. There's also the possibility that maybe Mizutani is actually getting some of the proceeds, though obviously I wouldn't know about that. No other label is doing such a good job. The Ignuitas releases can be real nice but they still fall short of Univive. Rallizes bootlegs have for so long been pot luck, you never knew whether you were getting gold or crud...Univive remove that gamble.

Tsurunasi

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 09:13:50 PM »
'the guarantee of quality'

So you can vouch for the quality of these releases? I mean: it is a hysterical amount of money, and it would be nice if a fan could tell us that these are superior sounding cd's.

(I would never pay that much for a record, not even if it was Jesus playing The Beatles backwards. Personally I think it's a big freakin scandal.)

pjc

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 10:45:34 PM »
So you can vouch for the quality of these releases?

Totally. I have pretty much all of them. and I wouldn't say I paid a hysterical amount of money for them...I'm in the UK & buying them from Japan worked out at just over £10 per CD including shipping. Now that's a little more than I'd like to pay, as 4 - 6 CD sets should be a little cheaper than that, but I'd say I got value for money. There are places that sell them for hysterical amounts, sure, just don't buy from those.

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:14:09 AM »
Where do you get them from pjc?

krakow

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 07:09:06 AM »
Also, is anyone (or any websites) keeping track of all the new Rallizes releases there have been in the last couple of years? In particular, I'm thinking of the Univive and Ignuitas stuff, which I find it hard to keep track of, though there have been plenty of other  bits and bobs too.

I know there's the Les Rallizes Denudes discography, but it's definitely behind on the Ignuitas stuff and I suspect there's been more Univive than that by now. It's also lacking the 'Yodo-Go-A-Go-Go' album and the Live 1972 CD and the recent CD reissue of the OZ Days compilation for example.

pjc

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 07:23:19 AM »
Where do you get them from pjc?

As I said in this thread, http://www.noise.as/forum/index.php/topic,71.msg306.html#msg306 , (just below a post from yrself!) cheapest place i've yet found is PSFMM. This joint, http://www.jgarage.com/limited.html , has a ton of Rallizes but not as cheap as PSFMM & they don't make it too easy to order from overseas.

And I'm pretty much keeping track of what's available but just for my own interest, in various text files etc on my computer, nothing as organised or useful as that unofficial Rallizes site. I think that just gets updated sporadically, I'm sure it'll catch up in time.

krakow

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2008, 07:39:17 AM »
Thanks. I knew we'd had Rallizes threads before, but hadn't got round to rereading them following this one. It's good to see that there's still a lot of the Rallizes stuff available at PSF. Roll on a better paid job.

Tsurunasi

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008, 04:37:52 AM »
I'm in the UK & buying them from Japan worked out at just over £10 per CD including shipping.

That's pretty damn decent compared to the Fusetron tag.

But still: I payed way less for the only good White Heaven record 'Levitation' (limited 300 vinyl release - now that is limited, I am still laughin my ass off after hearing that the new Boris/Merzbow - 5000 cd's - is called 'super limited'- man, after a week even Amazon sold it for a few bucks) and also way less for a Denudes 'Deeper Than The Night' lp this year.

Anyway: I tried to get into PSFMM and all I got was ?????/?????/????
I don't speak that language.

I'll move to the UK and try again. Cheaper than buying those Denudes from Fusetron.

And yes, it's weird that there's no decent discography around. Best thing around now is freakin Soulseek!
Almost funny is this fucked up discography: http://poisonpie.com/sounds/haino/
Holy shit, what a mess.

Tsurunasi

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2008, 04:41:21 AM »
Eerrr, that Levitation lp was a re-release of course.

krakow

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2008, 07:15:20 AM »
Holy shit, what a mess.

Do you mean Haino's discography itself, or the way that website has laid it out? His discography is vast and I love to browse that site trying to get a handle on it. It's great to have a resource like that keeping track of it all; if only every band had such a thing, particularly the more complicated ones. I like that it's all separated out into the different projects and categories, it helps me to understand what's what in his massive discography. I'm dainted by the sheer weight of Haino solo releases, but am well on my way with the Fushitsusha stuff.

It seems for Rallizes that there's been a real explosion of releases in the last couple of years (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, because I wasn't aware of them before then, but it's just the impression that I get) and so the discography linked above hasn't quite kept up to date as yet.

For the Japanese PSF site, there's a couple of handy search string links originally provided by pc and pjc in the other Rallizes thread, which give you a list of all the Univive and Rallizes stuff:
Univive
Rallizes

Tsurunasi

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2008, 06:55:20 PM »
The way it's laid out.

I'm goin back and forth from collaborations to guest app. and so on. But maybe that's just me.

Thanks for those Denudes label links. But I still get all those question marks. No text whatsoever. I'll try and figure that one out.

As far as I know there have always been loads of Denudes boots around. I'll ask the biggest Japrock-snob I know about that one though, if he's in a 'sharing mood' again.  8)

But it does seem there's a big revival, thanks to Julian Cope's book.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 07:04:23 PM by Tsurunasi »

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2008, 08:11:41 PM »
Thanks for those Denudes label links. But I still get all those question marks. No text whatsoever. I'll try and figure that one out.

Try setting your web browser text encoding to unicode (UTF-8). If you have fonts installed to display Japanese text, that should work.

As far as I know there have always been loads of Denudes boots around. I'll ask the biggest Japrock-snob I know about that one though, if he's in a 'sharing mood' again.

Yes, lots of stuff, I had a bunch of live recordings on cassette at one stage, and for a while back some years ago one of the main Japanese-language Rallizes fan sites had various MP3s available to download.

BzL

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 08:58:28 AM »
Holy shit, what a mess.

Do you mean Haino's discography itself, or the way that website has laid it out? His discography is vast and I love to browse that site trying to get a handle on it. It's great to have a resource like that keeping track of it all; if only every band had such a thing, particularly the more complicated ones. I like that it's all separated out into the different projects and categories, it helps me to understand what's what in his massive discography. I'm dainted by the sheer weight of Haino solo releases, but am well on my way with the Fushitsusha stuff.

It seems for Rallizes that there's been a real explosion of releases in the last couple of years (please anyone correct me if I'm wrong, because I wasn't aware of them before then, but it's just the impression that I get) and so the discography linked above hasn't quite kept up to date as yet.

For the Japanese PSF site, there's a couple of handy search string links originally provided by pc and pjc in the other Rallizes thread, which give you a list of all the Univive and Rallizes stuff:
Univive
Rallizes
Thank you very much for the links! I'm going to have a closer look at this. I spoke with a French fanatic who sells rare japanese stuff (and give them on cd-r for real fans, thanks to him I could explore Purple Trap Soul's True Love...): he told me that Univive was way ahead from the other labels, great sounding, items of quality and "Mizutani-approved" limited prints. Perfect for fans! (ebayers are selling this unheartedly sometimes for 120€ or so - okay, 4 CDs, so what? these are simple CDs...).

The Haino's website you're talking about is simply one of the best sources of information you could ever dream. Lots of informations you wouldn't get too easily. And I like the way the discography is set, too.  ;)

Limited issues to 1000 copies is just perfect I guess. Then it's way too difficult to find them at a rather low price.
(MF Doom must be the worst a this limited-unlimited little game!  :P )

edit: humpf, if only I could understand japanese... there is sort of "promo" I guess, two univive releases in one, for approx. 100€ but ordering to see shipping rates made me quit this idea.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:32:37 PM by BzL »