Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Releases - January  (Read 5067 times)

JR

• Occasional Poster
New Releases - January
« on: December 14, 2007, 04:47:07 AM »
Just found these ones out - they are coming out on the legendary aRCHIVE label:

Li Jianhong - solo guitar stuff from the D!D!D!D!D!D guy.  The label says "Chinese noise guitarist that I think is going to just fully stun some people… reminds of early Haino with just this ferocious wall of textured solo guitar work."

AND

LSD-Pond - two discs covering two nights of improvised free form jamming between Bardo Pond, LSD-March, and Masami Kawaguchi's New Rock Syndicate.

I still haven't made it all the way through the LSD-March 2 disc on Beta Lactam Ring or had a chance to listen closely to the tour CD-R or Takahashi's new collaboration - the guys are very prolific lately...

utechrecords

• Occasional Poster
Re: New Releases - January
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 11:26:11 PM »
Both of these are wonderful and come highly recommended.

I did the design work on the LSDPOND packaging. Slimm is a great guy and really puts out nice  stuff.

Keith

alancummings

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 08:18:22 AM »
You might also want to note the new Reiko Kudo album, "Licking up dust" (chiro o nameru) just out on her own Hyotan Records label. It features a kind of surprising guest spot from Haino...

ruach

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 05:58:07 PM »
You might also want to note the new Reiko Kudo album, "Licking up dust" (chiro o nameru) just out on her own Hyotan Records label. It features a kind of surprising guest spot from Haino...
Tori's CDR to go along with it contains also a lovely little song.

SILVUM

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 01:24:20 AM »
Tori's CDR to go along with it contains also a lovely little song.

ok, and we can buy this where?

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 12:23:24 PM »
Forced Exposure, Fusetron, etc carry the earlier Hyotan releases, so they might stock it eventually. If you need it now, lots of Japanese sites have it listed...(藤礼子 "ちりをなめる") - PSF have it in their online shop, or you could try

http://ontonson.com/index.php?main_page=product_music_info&products_id=1520&language=en

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 02:11:32 AM »
A new CD by Peter Wright was also released at the same time by Archive, "Pretty Mushroom Cloud".  This guy is really underrated i think

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 04:57:29 PM »
Yeah, Peter does really good atmospheric guitar drone-based stuff - bit of a lazy description, but it will do. I just got his Archive CD along with the LSD Pond one in the mail today. The LSD Pond sounds more Bardo than March, at least from what I've heard so far. Very nice package, too.

JR

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 06:37:30 AM »
The Peter Wright is very good.  I have been scrambling around trying to buy up Jianhong's back discography from his 2pi label for the past few weeks.  Archive was distributing some of it...then sold out...but seems to be restocked at least for the time being.

I have also been liking the Peter Wright that came out recently on the Students of Decay label as well.

Seems like the LSD set does veer in the direction of Bardo a bit.  I would have liked to be there to see this set though...

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 06:52:53 AM »

A thread from a long long ago, but I just bought this album and have to say how wonderful it is and this seems to be the only place that we have mentioned it before.

I bought the album for the Haino involvement originally I fully admit, never having heard any Reiko Kudo before, but am very much taken by the whole thing, not just Haino's ravishing final flourishes...

Highest recommendation!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:54:59 AM by krakow »