Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Obscure HIJOKAIDAN questions  (Read 4060 times)

SILVUM

Obscure HIJOKAIDAN questions
« on: October 26, 2007, 11:31:14 AM »
I don't know if anyone can help, and I'm too shy to ask Mikawa, but is the track "A Tribute To Ichie" on the first Alchemism CD comp the track from Hijokaidan "A Tribute to Ichie" EP ltd. 14 copies?  And is that ep a single or double sided release?  Also, is it a flexi, some sort of private test pressing, or a lathe of some sort?

And while I'm at it, do any of you own Hijokaidan "Gokuaku no kyoten" ("The Atrocity Scriptures") 10XCS?

alancummings

Re: Obscure HIJOKAIDAN questions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 07:26:20 AM »
Yes, the track on the Alchemism CD is the same "Tribute to Ichie" - though the obi says that it was originally an edition of 13. Never seen a real one, so I have no idea what the format was.

giantleech

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:52:50 AM »
I don't know if anyone can help, and I'm too shy to ask Mikawa, but is the track "A Tribute To Ichie" on the first Alchemism CD comp the track from Hijokaidan "A Tribute to Ichie" EP ltd. 14 copies?  And is that ep a single or double sided release?  Also, is it a flexi, some sort of private test pressing, or a lathe of some sort?

And while I'm at it, do any of you own Hijokaidan "Gokuaku no kyoten" ("The Atrocity Scriptures") 10XCS?

Regarding Atrocity Scriptures 10xK7, does anyone know if any of the material from this set appears on the recent Hijokaidan 30xCD box (ie: The Noise)?

If not, seems like this aformentioned cassette set would make for an interesting 10xCD box (or better yet, a 10xLP box) rerelease (ala Incapacitants Box Is Stupid.)

SILVUM

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 10:04:35 AM »
It looks like at the very least there is some form of an official release of this material outside of the original ltd EP:

A Tribute To Icchie CDR Alchemy Records (ARCDR-005) Aug 2004

1  A Tribute To Icchie  2:41   
2  A Tribute To Icchie  3:11   

Given away for free in limited quantities only when Alchemism CD (TECI-1073/4) was on sale at Alchemy Music Store.

Don't have a copy so I dunno if it's derived from the record itself or master tapes, but hopefully it would be reissued along with the 10XCS set if that happened.