Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Les Rallizes Question  (Read 5954 times)

JR

• Occasional Poster

pjc

• Occasional Poster
Re: Les Rallizes Question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 08:10:33 PM »
I've bought a few sets from that guy a long while back, he's been selling them for years (along with bootleg versions of some of the La Musica CDR sets). They do include some rare music that is pretty much impossible to find elsewhere but I believe they're sourced from mp3s, plus packaging is pretty amateurish. They're sourced to a German label called Illegal Alien, though that only exists to put out these CDR sets on eBay, AFAIK. Frankly I'd steer clear, at $165 for 10 CDRs, especially when labels like Ignuitas & especially Univive are putting out quality Rallizes material on pressed CDs in excellent packaging (though yes, you will pay a lot for those).

JR

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 02:51:41 AM »
Thanks - that is what I feared - as is often the case with some of the Les Rallizes stuff...

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 07:34:52 AM »
The same 10 CD-R set is also available here for a more reasonable(ish) $75 from another seller that I've seen selling these boxsets on eBay pretty often over the years. He currently also has another 3 Rallizes 10 disc sets up at the same price; Studio 69-89, Live 70's and Live 80's.

There's also a couple of the Univive sets on eBay at the moment; Great White Wonder and Cradle Saloon '78. The seller of those is another regular Rallizes eBay seller, this time of the Univive stuff from what I recall.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 07:38:12 AM by krakow »

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 05:28:53 PM »
There's a thread on the message board ILX, where somebody asks about buying one of these sets: Has Anybody Ever Bought Any Of Those 10-CD Rallizes Boxes On eBay?

pjc

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »
Cheapest place I've found for Univive releases is direct from PSFMM (cheap is, of course, a relative term ;-)

http://www.psfmm.com/product-list?keyword=univive

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 08:00:58 PM »
The Modern Music online shop (PSFMM) is good - if you can read Japanese and navigate their site. This may be a better search string, it should pull up all Rallizes items they have listed, not just the Univive ones:

http://www.psfmm.com/product-list?keyword=裸のラリーズ

They have a double Great White Wonder and Cradle Saloon '78 set for sale at 15,500 yen - a lot cheaper than getting them individually from the ebay sale above.

I ordered the Double Heads 6 CD set from PSF today - after ordering the "One More Night Tripper" set last month, plus the "Cable Hougue" soundtrack. The latter left me a bit unimpressed, it seemed kind of patchy and I hate the way it has abrupt cuts in places. "One More Night Tripper" is pretty massive, and the "Cradle Saloon '78" set similarly so. Do I really need "Double Heads"?? We shall see.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:09:20 PM by pc »