Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hadaka no Rallizes 20th Anniversary Remastered 5CD set  (Read 4137 times)

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
Hadaka no Rallizes 20th Anniversary Remastered 5CD set
« on: December 31, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »
After ordering a copy of this months ago and then being told its release had been put back, it arrived today!

Contains the 「'67−’69STUDIO etLIVE」「MIZUTANI」「'77LIVE」discs plus one extra bonus disk.

Modern Music have copies (200 copies available apparently), but they'll likely sell out quickly, even at 9,000 yen.

http://www.psfmm.com/product/12325

Oh, and Happy New Year!

dashdash1

• Occasional Poster
Re: Hadaka no Rallizes 20th Anniversary Remastered 5CD set
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 11:17:48 AM »
I ordered a copy back in November (from PSF), but still haven't received it. I heard there was an issue with the pressing of one of the discs. How is it anyway? I can't wait for it to arrive.

I also ordered the 13cd set on Ignuitas recently, that should be excellent too.
http://www.psfmm.com/product/12562

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:32:40 PM »
Yeah, there is an issue with two of the discs, Nos. 3 & 4, they have "gap noise" while apparently the booklet has some problems too. Modern Music sent out an email at the end of the week apologizing for the problems, and they are going to send out replacement disks and booklet once they have been completed. I would imagine they are holding off on sending out new orders until the replacement bits arrive.

I haven't had much chance to sit down with the whole package yet, but for a jewel-package CD I can say it looks nice, with glossy silver and black cover inserts and replicas of the original CD covers. I guess I'll do a comparison of the original "Live 77" set and this new version at some stage, to see if I can spot any difference in the sound.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:37:22 PM by pc »

wmfeedback

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 02:00:08 AM »
I'd love to order these but don't speak/read Japanese.  Any advice?

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 10:51:06 AM »

Try emailing them directly and see if you can order a copy: shop (at) psfmm.com

dashdash1

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
sounds great... hopefully it doesnt take too long for these problems to be fixed!

wmfeedback

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 09:37:13 AM »

Try emailing them directly and see if you can order a copy: shop (at) psfmm.com

I emailed them and they responded!  I have ordered the set.

Thanks for the advice!

aquabahn

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 02:53:58 AM »
I'd love to order this as well. Don't speak an Japanese but maybe I'll e-mail them and see if we can come together. I don't own the original but this would be a nice substitute.

wmfeedback

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 03:13:49 AM »
Yeah, there is an issue with two of the discs, Nos. 3 & 4, they have "gap noise" while apparently the booklet has some problems too. Modern Music sent out an email at the end of the week apologizing for the problems, and they are going to send out replacement disks and booklet once they have been completed. I would imagine they are holding off on sending out new orders until the replacement bits arrive.

I haven't had much chance to sit down with the whole package yet, but for a jewel-package CD I can say it looks nice, with glossy silver and black cover inserts and replicas of the original CD covers. I guess I'll do a comparison of the original "Live 77" set and this new version at some stage, to see if I can spot any difference in the sound.

Have you had a chance to do any comparison?  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the remaster.

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 08:12:28 PM »
Not yet, I'm still waiting for the corrected discs, etc to arrive. I'll try and keep things updated, though! 

dashdash1

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 02:27:36 PM »
Got mine in the mail today - looks great. I'm also waiting for the corrected discs to arrive, but will comment on my thoughts when they arrive.
I got the 13CD boxset released by Ignuitas today too - I've listened to disc 1 & 2 at 1993/2/17 Club Citta. Pretty good - nice long version of The Last One at the end. Looking forward to listening to the rest.
I also got the new Masayuki Takayanagi CD, Archive 2, enjoyed that too. Similiar to the stuff of that era.
Also picked up a couple of Kaoru Abe CDs & Andrew Chalk's Violin By Night! Great day if you ask me!

dashdash1

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 08:42:58 AM »
Not yet, I'm still waiting for the corrected discs, etc to arrive. I'll try and keep things updated, though!
Have you received your replacement discs yet? I'm still waiting for mine. I haven't heard anything about them.