Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Latest Majutso No Niwa CD  (Read 2744 times)

aquabahn

• Occasional Poster
Latest Majutso No Niwa CD
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:05:45 AM »
Anyone out there heard the latest Majutso No Niwa CD "Frontera"? I just ordered it from the only stateside distributer that seemed to have it in stock--MIdhaven who've I've never ordered from before. Was waiting for it to show up at Mimaraglu Music but it never seemed to show up there (or maybe I must missed it). I liked the debut which it think was live recording  and was recorded in a way i found off-putting. I'm hoping the studio CD will correct the recording deficiencies I thought were present in the debut. Which is kind of odd as when it comes to Japanese psych I tend to prefer the live recordings over the studio outings (High Rise and Overhang Party Live at Showboat and Otherside of come immediately to mind.)

Curious to what people think of the latest from Majutso No Niwa.

|And off topic what is Asahito Nanjo up to these days?

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
Re: Latest Majutso No Niwa CD
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 04:44:10 AM »
it is a fine album and kind of proves the point that studio albums are worth doing

those who haven't been plugged into this can check out the blog, there's some video clips as well:

http://majutsunoniwa.blogspot.com/

semi-related topic - what's the deal with the overhang party vinyl re?  is this from original source/more to come?

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 06:58:16 AM »

I heard that the Overhang Party reissues on Important are going to be CDs. Too bad—I'd love to have "4"on vinyl.

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Overhang Party reissues on Important?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 11:52:21 PM »
Important are reissuing the Overhang Party albums?! That's fantastic news. Is this definite? Any time scales or further details? Not heard this news before...

aquabahn

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 07:27:12 AM »
Yeah I can't provide any details but I do recall reading a blurb about this on their, Important Records that is, Twitter account I think.  Have all these on LP at the moment, and my understanding was that these were to be on CD. Would be nice to have 4 on LP I agree. This was a couple of months ago and it wasn't clear to me if this was going to a comprehensive reissue campaign or what. If someone out there reading this is in touch with the owner  of Important they could perhaps drop him/ her a line and get some more details. Regardless, if this does in fact happen I'm sure Important will do a nice job with it.

Anyway, my review of "Frontera" is that it is a good one, better than the live debut for sure, and like most things surrounding Overhang Party/ Fukuoka Rinji will be generally underrated/ overlooked alas.

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Overhang Party reissues on Important
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 07:21:23 PM »
I emailed John @ Important to ask him and he replied briefly to say that it is true, but he has no idea when it will happen, hopefully in the fall. No other details given.

mosa

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 08:34:48 AM »