Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: NAGISA NI TE - questions  (Read 5442 times)

SILVUM

NAGISA NI TE - questions
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:04:15 AM »
I was wondering if the version of "Song For Malo" on the 2XLP version of Songs For A Simple Moment is the same as the one on Feel?  Don't want to have to buy the 2XLP if I don't have to.

Also, are the versions of the tracks on the They 7" on Geographic, exclusive versions?

Are there any plans yet to reissue Taiyo No Sekai CD and The True World 2XCD?

Same for the material on the AUBE split tapes, or does anyone wanna sell / trade me theirs?

Coquille

Re: NAGISA NI TE - True World
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »
There's one for sale here...
http://www.discogs.com/Nagisa-Ni-Te-%E6%9C%AC%E5%BD%93%E3%81%AE%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C-The-True-World/release/1116311.

i just have an audio copy of  the AUBE split  Orbital Confluence which has a later live performance of "True Sun" and "True World".

SILVUM

Re: NAGISA NI TE - True World
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 10:30:48 AM »
There's one for sale here...
http://www.discogs.com/Nagisa-Ni-Te-%E6%9C%AC%E5%BD%93%E3%81%AE%E4%B8%96%E7%95%8C-The-True-World/release/1116311.

i just have an audio copy of  the AUBE split  Orbital Confluence which has a later live performance of "True Sun" and "True World".

Yea, I don't feel like paying 50 dollars for that, I guess I'm wondering if anyone knows if Jagjaguwar is planning to reissue those two albums.

And yeah the Orbital Confluence disc is amazing.

Following from that, I wish someone would do a 3XCD box reissue of all the Naoki Zushi material instead of shitting out another useless Acid Mothers Temple masturbation session.

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
Re: NAGISA NI TE - questions
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 12:29:40 PM »

Nice to hear someone else has no time for the Acid Mothers.

I could use an Org box. I'd really love to hear this Tori Kudo / Guys n Dolls "Hard Rock Album" too.

Coquille

Re: NAGISA NI TE / TORI KUDO
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 09:48:10 AM »
....I could use an Org box. I'd really love to hear this Tori Kudo / Guys n Dolls "Hard Rock Album" too.

Hard Rock was only an LP 25 years ago?
i think the only other project we have is the Return to Rock Mass Org box.
Vinyl and CD versions are being sold on discogs for 160 sterling  :o

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 11:32:48 AM »

OK, I wish that there was a box dedicated to Tori Kudo and stuff related to the Org label I missed out on. This is not to say I wouldn't jump at the opportunity to purchase a reissue of the Hard Rock album on LP if it were made available. I just have a feeling it will never bhappen.

Speaking of boxes, has anyone been following the progress of the Voice box on Tiliqua? 2 or 3 discs of bonus material that either didn't turn up on Brast Burn or Karuna Khyal or is something else entirely?

ruach

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 02:46:22 PM »
The only real Kudo things on Org were January 14th 1989 Kyoto/Maher Goes to Gothic Country and Return Visit... Not really much to create a true box set release with.

"Hard Rock Album" contains a single performance which was later released, with the addition of a solo improvisation, as the Manson Family cassette on La Musica. You will probably have much better luck tracking the cassette down than the LP.

Coquille

Nagisa Ni Te, Acid Mothers Temple, Kudo, et.al. Org & Alchemy Records
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 07:27:47 AM »
Nice to hear someone else has no time for the Acid Mothers.
It was with trepidation that i was to be sucked into the AMT vorticizer with what i'd like to regard as staunch opposition to the hysterical hullaballoo generated by online reviewing - exception being anything Rallizes.
The constant name-checking perpetuated with ease, no doubt by the rapidly accumulated discography was a challenge to get one's head around & pick out the best title to buy.  Whether the one settled on was a
shitting out [of] masturbation session
or not, the intent of the label’s art direction was aimed at producing said paraphrase in the …listener. I also got their Musica Transonica release at the same time – with likewise artistic sensibility…..  so, I  parted with them. 
Though, there's a vague recollection Asahito Nanjo ran an AV distro for matter similarly suspect in nature?? 
Anyway.... the music.... (it is supposed to be for listening afterall?) was rather excitable standing as it were, on its own...
However, if I were to choose again, it’d be one of La Musica boxsets (reissued on Illegal-Alien Records) which supposedly summarize a good deal of all the related projects.
qv.  http://www.discogs.com/label/Fractal+Records+(2)
& http://www.discogs.com/label/Illegal-Alien+Records
In addition, has  any mention been made of the Noise 「天皇」album on Org?  The latest CD remaster (by Alchemy) is of the original LP sans the bonus tracks of other reissues of intervening years.

Semperet

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 05:24:52 AM »
Hey, I like Acid Mothers. There are some very dodgy releases, and quality control lapses betimes, but there are three major factors which make them important for me.
 The first is that they are a group who play regularly in this part of the world (Ireland) and this sort of live music should be treasured however many ways they choose to play Pink Lady Lemonade. When Haino-san gets around to it I'll be first in the queue.
The second is that listening to Acid Mothers is the way I got into all sorts of noisy Japanese music and I'm not sure I would have dipped into my first Fushitsusha release had I not read about it in the feature on Japanese music in Mojo years ago (compiled, I seem to remember, by one Mr. Cummings. Read it because I was interested in AMT.
Thirdly, when they're good they fuse hippy noodling with experimental noise, folk music with heavy rock and analog synths with whatever comes to mind. And I find it enthralling when it's really good, so I'm willing to risk some of the more blind buys. I'm happy to assist any boarders with a cherry pick if they'd like me to and were polite.
How can the word 'masturbatory' be used on a forum where limited editions, Obis and strange men in sunglasses, some of them holding planes to ransom, are the stock in trade?
This was the first forum I'd seen that wasn't populated with people slagging bands off. Don't in the words of they might be giants, let's start.

alancummings

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 06:17:58 AM »
You missed your chance to see Haino in Ireland - he played there in the spring of 2001, if memory serves...

Semperet

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 06:46:07 AM »
Think I was still discovering postrock in 2001. Hope springs eternal!

SILVUM

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 02:56:34 PM »
Blah blah... Read it because I was interested in AMT.
Thirdly, when they're good they fuse hippy noodling with experimental noise, folk music with heavy rock and analog synths with whatever comes to mind. And I find it enthralling when it's really good, so I'm willing to risk some of the more blind buys. I'm happy to assist any boarders with a cherry pick if they'd like me to and were polite.

I didn't say AMT suck, I used to be a HUGE fan, and I have OVER 100 AMT releases, but the quality control and direction have completely fallen off.  Going from an energetic and creative band that had memorable material (La Novia), to a more or less jam band that releases ANYTHING and everything in a variety of alternate versions, I feel they've burnt out their relevance.  That said, it's not the point of my post.

My post was about Nagisa Ni Te, and it's funny nobody has any answers on a much more personal and interesting group.

My wish is that when people ARE dumping money into tons of releases, they'd do it for material that DESERVES to be heard, that would change people's lives.  ANOTHER AMT or Merzbow release will say so little compared to, as people mentioned, a Tori Kudo box, or ANYTHING else, it's almost as embarrassing as when people ONLY knew about Shonen Knife and Pizzicato 5, like really, there is more to Japan.

Could any of you REALLY say you'd prefer ANOTHER AMT release instead of Jagjaguwar finishing up reissuing the last 2 Nagisa Ni Te albums, or wouldn't a domestic Takayanagi box be nice?  It's all theoretical, and a useless argument, it's more a disappointed and annoyed observation.

How can the word 'masturbatory' be used on a forum where limited editions, Obis and strange men in sunglasses, some of them holding planes to ransom, are the stock in trade?
This was the first forum I'd seen that wasn't populated with people slagging bands off. Don't in the words of they might be giants, let's start.

The word can be used when a band masturbatorily releases tons of versions of the same mediocre noodling in lots of different editions.  Would you prefer blind alleigance, or honest criticality?  People need to be critical of their reality. 

TOO MUCH AMT.  NOT ENOUGH NAGISA NI TE.

Great, glad I helped to continue to derail my own thread.

Can ANYONE answer my questions in the initial post?  Otherwise no point continuing.

alancummings

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 08:09:13 AM »
Pretty sure that there's a different version of "Song to Malo" on the 2LP. I remember one had a euphonium part and a whistled solo, and one didn't...
Modern Music is still listing the P-Vine CD reissues of Taiyo no Sekai (The True Sun) and Honto no Sekai (The True World) as being in stock. There are even cheaper 2nd copies listed on Amazon Japan, but you'd probably have to get someone in Japan to order and ship them on to you, as most 2nd hand sellers there won't ship overseas.

Not sure about the 7" - don't have it handy. And I've heard nothing about plans to reissue the Aube split cassette material.