Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: DD.RECORDS  (Read 2287 times)

SILVUM

DD.RECORDS
« on: July 30, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »
So I've collected all the info I have on this label, and here it is, can anyone add anything more?

= = =

D.D.Records
Tadashi Kamata = Owner

dd01 ??
dd02 ??
dd03 ??
dd04 ??
dd05 ??
dd06 T. KAMADA AND HIS MACHINES - Another-Musik 7" Flexi Disc - 1981
DT111 K. YOSHIMATU - "Pastel Nostalga" (CS + 6 Pg Booklet) - 6 tracks - 1983
DT124 Y. OHI (T. Kamada Remix) - "Mori Nite" (CS + 6 Pg Booklet) - 2 tracks - 1983.5
DT132 H. OSADA - Interplay / Neutral Temperature (CS + 6 Pg Booklet) - ?? tracks - 1983

dd?? A. KOSHI - Dresser (CS + 6 Pg Booklet) - 14 tracks - 1981
dd?? T. KAMADA / MACHINES - "Live at N113" (CS + 6 Pg Booklet) 9 tracks - 1981
dd?? K2 - "Musikalchemy 1983" (c-46 + ?Booklet?) - ?? tracks - 1983
dd?? K. KUSAFUKA - "Re-Musik" (c-46 + ?Booklet?) - ?? tracks - 1983
dd?? K2 - "Demise Symphonika" (c-46 + ?Booklet?) - ?? tracks -1983
dd?? T. KAMADA - "Ice Music"  (CS + 6 Pg Booklet) - 6 tracks - 1983
dd?? KEIICHI USAMI - "Neutral Temperature" (CS + 6 Pg Booklet) - 6 tracks - 1983
dd?? TECHNO MENSES - "Requiem In The Sun" (c-46 + ?Booklet?) - ?? tracks - 1984
dd?? T. KAMADA - "Park Music" (CS + ?Booklet?) - ?? tracks - 1984

?? Usami - D.D.Records Live / Dee Bee's 08.28.83 ?? the noise homepage

http://www.eurock.com/features/archie.aspx

"Q: As you got into the 1980's, the table of contents lists more and more bands I’m unfamiliar with and many more formats in the reviews are listed as being cassettes. It seems like Eurock was experiencing the emergence of the DIY underground and global cassette networking?

A: To some extent that shift reflected the changing times in the music industry. The initial bloom was off the rose in terms of commercial record companies releasing and supporting that sort of music. The import scene in general went through a recession of sorts with JEM, Greenworld, Paradox MM, Peters International and ITC all being swept into the dustbin of history by the mid 1980’s.

In 1981 I left Paradox/Greenworld and decided to make EUROCK itself an outlet for selling indie music. Due to the changing economic situation, the initial way musicians could self-produce their releases shifted to cassette. It was cheaper and easier. LPs were still being made of course, but they were more expensive to produce, they had to be made in larger quantities, and large-scale distribution was a problem. So the focus of the scene shifted to some extent and cassettes became an important part of it. The EUROCK cassette releases were among some of the first DIY productions. There were new labels springing up all around the world: DD Records in Japan, Marquee in Japan, Bain Total in France, Illusion Productions in France, Mirage in the UK, YHR in the UK, Transmitter in Germany and many others. Later as interest grew production moved more to the LP format. It was so different then as there was no precedent for doing such a thing, thus it was very hard. Then came the computer…"