Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ché-Shizu & Mukai Chie  (Read 2436 times)

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Ché-Shizu & Mukai Chie
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:14:36 AM »
As promised, a thread for discussion of all things Ché-Shizu & Mukai Chie, since we seem to have started up talking about it elsewhere...

... the Ché-Shizu rhythm section rules. How come no one talks about the god-like genius of "Glimmering Star"?

Ché-Shizu "Glimmering Star" is also one of my favorite's Chie Mukai folk/psych unit CD.
There's actually one copy listed on Discogs, 21 Euros or something like that, that's quite a reasonable price, it was released some years ago along with the first album "I can't promise" (with Tori Kudo) by Alchemy but sadly it became quite hard to find both CDs for years.
Maybe "Glimmering Star" has a more slowed down tempo with some wonderful melancolic lines and Chie Mukai 's er-hu /kokyu playing and voice is just too rare...
I don't mention the other musicians but here they're at the "right place"...
In my opinion as a veteran of the japanese impro- scene, she's still under-evaluated...

... I got a copy of Mukai's album "L'energie de l'existence" with Rinji Fukuoka from Overhang Party et al on Turtle's Dream just the other week and it's really great. I bought it on a whim as it was cheap, but am very pleased with it.

I forgot to mention :
Chie Mukai's CD on Siwa label ...Cheap ....and lovely packaged (as always) by Alan Sherry
Her solo "Crossing" on There label

Thoughts, recommendations, whatever...

krakow

Re: Ché-Shizu & Mukai Chie
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2009, 09:09:48 PM »
I picked up this album earlier this week: Mukai Chie & Yamamoto Sei'ichi With Lamones Young - Live At Showboat February 25, 2000 on Last Visible Dog/Hospital. Once again I don't have the wherewithal or energy currently to describe it, but I listened to it several times once I got home and really enjoyed it. More lovely drones.

krakow

Re: Ché-Shizu & Mukai Chie
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2009, 09:51:18 PM »
I just bought a copy of this album Enkidu "Hasselt" on Turtles' Dream from discogs. The dusted review seems very positive, but has anyone else heard it? I'll report back once it arrives.