Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Kan Mikami box on ebay  (Read 6724 times)

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Kan Mikami box on ebay
« on: July 23, 2007, 07:11:01 AM »
Only two and a half hours to go (and counting) and at $200, unfortunately, but I only just spotted this and thought that there might be some interested parties here on this forum:

http://tinyurl.com/3ydmc7

This isn't mine by the way (I wish it were), I just stumbled across it today.

SILVUM

Re: Kan Mikami box on ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 11:20:15 PM »
Yea, I lost.. still desperately need that if anyone can help.

krakow

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 03:51:10 AM »
You were bidding? $326 is certainly a hefty chunk of money. What kind of other prices has it gone for before? I've seen it once before on ebay, a couple of years ago, but I don't think it even sold that time. Popsike doesn't have any copies listed.

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 11:54:45 AM »
I dunno, I got mine for 190 and felt a little iffy.  I think all the CDs are still individually available, so all you're paying for is the box, booklet and some stickers on the CD shrink...  No offense to Alan, but not sure if that's worth the 100 premium.

krakow

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 04:40:17 PM »
Were there not some CDs that were exclusive to the box? Or have they all been subsequently released individually as well? What's actually in there?

alancummings

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 05:21:39 PM »
You might be thinking of the Tomokawa box, which had two exclusive cds both of which have been reissued - 'Songs of Nakahara Chuya' as a stand-alone CD on PSF, and 'Satoru' as an LP on Tiliqua (which is now out of print).

The Mikami box, aside from the ten solo Mikami albums on PSF, had three exclusive cds none of which have been made available in other forms - 'Sings the Piranha Gundan' (Mikami's solo demos for the Piranha Gundan album), 'Dear John' (rerecorded versions of some of his 70s songs), 'Live' (a 1994 show at Manda-La2).

krakow

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 05:27:38 PM »
Thanks, as ever, alan.

Sounds like the Mikami box is still worth hunting for and dreaming of. Despite the exchange rate, $300+ was still too much for me to be able to consider right now. Maybe one day.

SILVUM

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 10:56:44 AM »
Yea, that's why I need the Mikami Box... been holding off on getting those albums for years due to waiting for the box... need the three exclusive discs...

Listening to the Live at "Station 70" March~April '70 double CD set right now....

JR

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 12:51:15 PM »
Someone has an original press of Mikami's 2nd LP up on Ebay at the moment...if you have $300 you can part with..

krakow

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 09:28:46 AM »
So, I just won a copy of the Kan Mikami box on eBay, for a smidgen over £100 (about $165 at the current time) from another UK seller. Nervously awaiting its dispatch tomorrow and hopeful arrival on Tuesday, but I'm very pleased.

krakow

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 08:47:23 AM »
It arrived safe & sound. Some deep Mikami digging to be done...

Coquille

Re: Kan Mikami box
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2009, 06:01:41 PM »
....a copy of the Kan Mikami box ...smidgen over £100 (about $165 at the current time)

Oooh! Lucky devil!  ;)   That is a cool price! 

It makes for less of a distraction to the appreciation of the contents.  On occasion, i must don the  moral blinkers whence perusing my vast trove …. a little like partaking of the dining experience of McDonalds or some such establishment (sweat-shops and the end product for the delectation of the ravenous consumer) : one must shut one’s mind to the foregone horror and just savour that resultant flavour. 
That said, paid a little more for our copy of PSFD-110~122. I think in another topic in this forum I said that it was the last of the print run and PSFMM sold it at a discount because the actual cardboard of the box was extant – all else being ‘intact’…