Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Takayanagi box  (Read 5217 times)

alancummings

Takayanagi box
« on: May 22, 2009, 02:31:28 AM »
PSF/Modern Music now have the 5CD Takayanagi box on Jinya listed as available for pre-orders. Anyone reserving before June 10 will get a bonus DVD, apparently. The box itself is due for release on June 23, which I believe is the anniversary of Takayanagi's death.

http://www.psfmm.com/product/11458

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
Re: Takayanagi box
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 08:10:38 AM »
I just ordered my copy  ;D

They don't seem to be offering a credit card option for payment - just bank transfer and cash on delivery, so I'm not sure if this will be available to anyone outside of Japan at this stage...correct me if I'm wrong.

alancummings

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 03:48:12 PM »
Bank transfer etc if you are in Japan, but PSF also accept Paypal if you're not.

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 05:31:56 AM »

I just got an email saying that the box is now delayed until October 24. There's a 7 minute long DVD that comes with it if you preorder...back to Axis, Genya.

alancummings

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 05:50:13 PM »
I would say that is a misprint -  the official release date is June 24. I've just had a mail from Saito-san at Jinya, and he cofirms that he expects delivery of the finished boxes in the next week to ten days...

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »
A 7 minute DVD? Or is that another misprint? 70min, surely?

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 06:26:55 AM »

I just got an email from PSF apologizing for giving me the wrong month. I do stand by the 7 minute length of the bonus DVD. If it were 70 minutes long then you'd have to pay for it, you know?

alancummings

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 06:30:54 AM »
The DVD is just a little taster for a full length Takayanagi DVD that Jinya plan to release in July, so the seven minute running time is accurate. It's a solo action direct/inanimate nature piece, 8mm film + DAT recording.

krakow

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 04:36:08 PM »
I wonder if they do 3'' DVDs? Seems quite strange, but fun, to press a whole DVD for 7 minutes length, but there you go...

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 09:10:33 AM »
Shit.   Where to buy this from now, that VT is sold out?   I did not expect sell out so fast...  from a UK perspective, what is the cheapest place?  Thanks

krakow

Takayanagi box
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 09:02:18 PM »
Maybe see what Mimaroglu say about shipping to the UK? He's listing it at $108, so could be doable, even coming from the states... http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 09:33:58 PM by krakow »

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 03:10:29 AM »
Seemed to have not been on the mimaroglu distro as of at least 24 hours ago

Picked it up somewhere else though

those still seeking------ http://www.soundohm.com/masayuki-takayanagi/masayuki-takayanagi-archive-1-5xcd-ltd-wit-at-discogs-title/jinya-disc/ 

Dvd included!

aquabahn

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2009, 09:56:25 AM »
 I think Mimaroglu Music still has it. It's not listed in the main catalogue as of yet, but it is still listed on the new arrivals page here: http://www.mimaroglumusicsales.com/new.php

From past experience he's been pretty good at removing titles from the new arrivals list when they sell out.

Coquille

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 01:59:12 AM »
...a little taster for a full length Takayanagi DVD that Jinya plan to release....

Some (other ?) clips here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JINYADISC

alancummings

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »
The Jinya release series continues... Saito-san has let me know that the Action Direct DVD will be released on August 1st - two tracks, one from the August 1990 date that Inanimate Nature was recorded at, and one from Takayanagi's last self-promoted show in December the same year.

This will be followed on August 20 by The Complete Works of JOJO Jazz Vol.1. This is also a DVD, recorded in March 1990 in Nagoya - a duo show with the bassist Nobuyoshi Ino.