Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Suishou No Fune CD on There Label (Japan)  (Read 4355 times)

phos

• Occasional Poster
New Suishou No Fune CD on There Label (Japan)
« on: May 07, 2009, 01:23:04 AM »
Suishou No Fune [CD]
Phantom of the Eternal Night
(there TRCD-07)

There label :
http://music.geocities.jp/there_009jp/there.html

Nice label, nice people....

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Re: New Suishou No Fune CD on There Label (Japan)
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 07:00:03 AM »
Thanks for the heads up once again. I haven't seen this pop up from any of the usual distro suspects yet. Please give a shout when anyone spots it.

Anyone ordered from There from the UK or US?

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 04:33:06 PM »
I think it should be soon available through Eclipse, Fusetron, Volcanic tongue...
But you can trust the label run by Kazuhiro Okuno, he's probably one of the quietest person on earth and could be considered as a "third eye" of the japanese scene.
He released a few interesting CD-Rs / CDS in the past : Chie Mukai, Jutok Kaneko, Sachiko....

As always, that's  important to support directly the labels when you can do it...

You can also order this one for $13  to Sachiko's own mailorder :

http://www.bajoeng.jp/catalogueo_u.html
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 02:30:19 AM by phos »

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 07:49:19 AM »

This is great. Four long tracks and the Ché-Shizu rhythm section rules. How come no one talks about the god-like genius of "Glimmering Star"?

krakow

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 11:06:26 PM »
Got this from Fusetron in the end (though I agree with and applaud phos' points about supporting labels and artists directly when possible) as they had a few things I wanted. Just listened to it a couple of times this morning and it's well worth it.

I've not heard "Glimmering Star" natsukas, I take it that's a 'highest possible recommendation' from you for that one?

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 12:58:59 AM »
Ché-Shizu "Glimmering Star" is also one of my favorite's Chie Mukai folk/psych unit CD.
There's actually one copy listed on Discogs, 21 Euros or something like that, that's quite a reasonable price, it was released some years ago along with the first album "I can't promise" (with Tori Kudo) by Alchemy but sadly it became quite hard to find both CDs for years.
Maybe "Glimmering Star" has a more slowed down tempo with some wonderful melancolic lines and Chie Mukai 's er-hu /kokyu playing and voice is just too rare...
I don't mention the other musicians but here they're at the "right place"...
In my opinion as a veteran of the japanese impro- scene, she's still under-evaluated...

krakow

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 01:43:51 AM »
Maybe we should have another thread for this (Ché-Shizu & Mukai Chie), but I'll say here for now that I got a copy of Mukai's album "L'energie de l'existence" with Rinji Fukuoka from Overhang Party et al on Turtle's Dream just the other week and it's really great. I bought it on a whim as it was cheap, but am very pleased with it.

I'll start a Ché-Shizu & Mukai Chie thread shortly hopefully, as a better more dedicated home for such discussions.

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 01:59:38 AM »
I forgot to mention :
Chie Mukai's CD on Siwa label ...Cheap ....and lovely packaged (as always) by Alan Sherry
Her solo "Crossing" on There label

krakow

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 03:17:30 AM »
I started a thread in the Music forum and posted the pertinent comments thus far in there: Ché-Shizu & Mukai Chie. Hopefully no-one minds.

Back to the Suishou No Fune here; if I get a chance to listen again I'll post some better thoughts...