Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Merzbow - 13 Japanese Birds subscription box set  (Read 3373 times)

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
Merzbow - 13 Japanese Birds subscription box set
« on: January 30, 2009, 03:23:42 PM »
Less than 2 weeks since Camouflage and more Merzbow already, another box - do you have $270+ to spare?

http://www.importantrecords.com/bird_box/bird_box_details.html

or..you could skip the box and painting and save $100.    it might have been nice if they gave you the option to pay in installments, in any case I'll enquire about the possibility

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Re: Merzbow - 13 Japanese Birds subscription box set
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:35:05 AM »
I really want in on this, but it's just too expensive.

I'll probably just pick up the albums as they come by, and forever mourn my lack of the bamboo box and a painting by Masami.

Coquille

Re: Merzbow vs. Messiaen
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:32:52 PM »
i wish i could get this too ! What an a devastating concept! Two such dynamic artists, Masami Akita and Olivier Messiaen! Aesthetically, both in union and  disparate,  their own oeuvre comprise multi-strataed ambiguities in themselves, sacred and profane... high-art theory and moronic blasting (to some ears..)

Over 13 CDs, i wonder what the Merzbow take on the ornithological bioacoustics of woodlarks
and thrushes will be ?    If the 'Nakasendō' transcription (fm. "Quatre Études De Rythme" ) on the
Kouhei Matsunaga   split  [TIGERBEAT6 RECORDS, MEOW 041CD] was any indication, it was like a birdsong duet rendered by Rodan and Mothra....

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 06:21:49 AM »
the 4th volume came yesterday...have not seen the box yet, maybe there's some delay?   Hopefully it hasn't been posted, undelivered and then returned..(that's always a bitch..)

has anyone got theirs yet?

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 05:23:13 PM »
I didn't sign up for the box, as it's just too expensive for me, but I am picking up the individual albums as they come into the shop and have #1, #2 & #3 so far. There seems to be some kind of word or image forming along the spines of them, right?