Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: RECENT RELEASES YOU'D LIKE REISSUED  (Read 12146 times)

JR

• Occasional Poster
Re: RECENT RELEASES YOU'D LIKE REISSUED
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 10:56:58 PM »
I saw those auctions of which you speak - I lost my nerve in the $80 range...

I had the first Uptight cd-r for sale in the shop section of the noise.as site for much cheaper than that...guess no one's going to want it now.

Actually, I may want it if still available, I would like a copy of the original, regardless of the reissue

shibuya

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 07:10:05 AM »
As it says, five colour-coded cdrs and a cassette:

Blue - "Minor Faction", basically a solo Michishita incarnation
White - "Live 1997 Namba Bears", live trio of Michishita/Inoue/Michishita
Black - "Live 1999 Namba Bears", live 4tet of Michishita/Inoue/Eddie/Bill
Red - "Studio 2000", Michishita/Inoue/Eddie/Bill
Green - "Studio 2001", Michishita/Kawaguchi/Takahashi

The cassette contained another solo Michishita set entitled "Underway". And there was supposed to be a bonus CDR that you could clip out a coupon and send off for. Not sure if anyone ever got one of these...

The LSD-March discography is a little messy. The discog at Wikipedia does a fair job of sorting out the major releases/reissues, but misses out a whole bundle of limited cdrs. I've got four or five, but I'm sure there are lots of others.

alan & anyone else that can chime in,
how do these and the less widely availble lsd march discs compare to releases like the siwa and tequila sunrise releases?

ta,
james

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 03:39:16 AM »

alan & anyone else that can chime in,
how do these and the less widely availble lsd march discs compare to releases like the siwa and tequila sunrise releases?

ta,
james

i can't speak for much of the rest but the pink box is more along the lines of the gyuune disc or even 2nd album.   i kind of feel bad about saying it, but i actually think it's the best thing they've done

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 06:53:27 AM »
I saw those auctions of which you speak - I lost my nerve in the $80 range...

I had the first Uptight cd-r for sale in the shop section of the noise.as site for much cheaper than that...guess no one's going to want it now.

Actually, I may want it if still available, I would like a copy of the original, regardless of the reissue

i am pretty sure the std CD pressing was the first edition and the cd-r something they sold at gigs after the first one went oop.

JR

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 11:09:51 AM »
The reissue is really nicely done with the two bonus tracks - plus I am always partial to the packaging that aRCHIVE does.

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Up-Tight CD-Rs
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 08:37:44 AM »
I just bought three of the early Up-Tight CD-Rs online and was musing as to whether they are authentic or not. Since a few folks here sound like they have them, can I ask a couple of boring technical questions?

I got a CD-R version of the self-titled debut, the "Live 2003" CD-R and the "Sweet Sister 1994-2003" CD-R. They are in CD-single type skinny jewel cases, with clear fronts and white backs, with computer print-out looking front inlays hand scissor cut and folded once to give the front cover and then the inside info. The CD-Rs themselves are unmarked Maxell (Super) MQ type CD-Rs without any sharpie adornment or otherwise. Does this fit with anyone else's copies?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:14:40 AM by krakow »

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2009, 07:28:32 AM »
I spoke to David Keenan at Volcanic Tongue today and he confirmed that they're the real deal. Just missing the 'Live' CDr now... http://www.discogs.com/Up-Tight-Live/release/1040706

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2009, 12:50:05 PM »

I heard a few of the CDs these guys did and wrote them off as wannabe Rallizes but I was convinced to buy the LP on 8MM and was blown away. Can anyone point me in a similar direction?