Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: RECENT RELEASES YOU'D LIKE REISSUED  (Read 12144 times)

SILVUM

RECENT RELEASES YOU'D LIKE REISSUED
« on: July 17, 2007, 05:41:04 PM »
I was wondering what recent things that have been ultra limited you'd all like to see reissued?

I've always though it'd be nice for Last Visible Dog to reissue that LSD March 5XCDR+C10 edition of 10 boxset...

Overhang Party, Out Takes From 1996 to 2003 CD-R (Atelier Himawari, JP)
Ikuro Takahashi, Drums Solo CD-R (Aura Obscura, JP) etc

I'd be happy with just more widely available cdr issues of the Takahashi releases.

CD issues of those early Up-Tight CDRs.

And all those insanely limited Akio Suzuki discs reissued on CD.

alancummings

Re: RECENT RELEASES YOU'D LIKE REISSUED
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 06:42:50 PM »
When Takahashi was in the UK in May, he had a few more of his very nicely produced cdrs for sale. Can't recall how many there were now, but I picked up two solo cdrs, one called Picnic on the Quicksand (oscillators in the studio), and another called Oscillators in the Venue.

He also had a DVDr of Anoyo no Dekigoto, from April 2006 at Terpsichore, Tokyo. This one is labelled Zarigania DVD3, which suggest there are at least two that preceded it.

As for things that need reissued, I'll put in a shout for the 3"CD that Tokuma released as a bonus with one of their runs of Haino cds. A fantastic piece of hurdy-gurdy work.

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 06:44:24 PM »
I've always though it'd be nice for Last Visible Dog to reissue that LSD March 5XCDR+C10 edition of 10 boxset...

Anyone got anymore information on this? I meant to ask about it before, because I heard mention of it on another forum, but could find nothing whatsoever online, at least not with my English-centric googling techniques.

alancummings

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 07:28:27 PM »
As it says, five colour-coded cdrs and a cassette:

Blue - "Minor Faction", basically a solo Michishita incarnation
White - "Live 1997 Namba Bears", live trio of Michishita/Inoue/Michishita
Black - "Live 1999 Namba Bears", live 4tet of Michishita/Inoue/Eddie/Bill
Red - "Studio 2000", Michishita/Inoue/Eddie/Bill
Green - "Studio 2001", Michishita/Kawaguchi/Takahashi

The cassette contained another solo Michishita set entitled "Underway". And there was supposed to be a bonus CDR that you could clip out a coupon and send off for. Not sure if anyone ever got one of these...

The LSD-March discography is a little messy. The discog at Wikipedia does a fair job of sorting out the major releases/reissues, but misses out a whole bundle of limited cdrs. I've got four or five, but I'm sure there are lots of others.

krakow

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »
Thanks Alan.

Is it true that there were only 10 copies of this set? Or was it not quite so ridiculous? How did one go about getting hold of one? Since you mention a coupon and sending off for a bonus CDR, I get the impression that it did go further than purely being a gift to friends etc. Is there a mailing list or something that one can join to be privy to any further limited adventures?

alancummings

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 08:51:59 PM »
No mailing list that I know of, and I assume that the cdrs were/are generally sold only at shows. Maybe dropping Michishita a line would be easiest. There's an address on his Japanese blog:

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/Michishita/about

SILVUM

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 07:37:02 PM »
Yea, there were only 10, I think I tried to win the one copy that got passed back and forth once or twice on EBAY, it was like $300.  It's definitely sold out, but let us know what he says if you email him, cus I hate missing out on LSD March stuff.  I like the flexibility of the project, and always want to hear more.

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 11:50:44 AM »
When Takahashi was in the UK in May, he had a few more of his very nicely produced cdrs for sale. Can't recall how many there were now, but I picked up two solo cdrs, one called Picnic on the Quicksand (oscillators in the studio), and another called Oscillators in the Venue.

He also had a DVDr of Anoyo no Dekigoto, from April 2006 at Terpsichore, Tokyo. This one is labelled Zarigania DVD3, which suggest there are at least two that preceded it.

As for things that need reissued, I'll put in a shout for the 3"CD that Tokuma released as a bonus with one of their runs of Haino cds. A fantastic piece of hurdy-gurdy work.

yeah, the world needs more widely available takahashi releases, big ups to Alan S for making it happen.

that Haino 3" is unbelievable, for some reason it always conjured the image of arctic permafrost for me.

I hate to be the guy that says the LSD March box was the best thing they ever did, but it's really true.  It's basically an improved version of the Gyuune CD and twice as long to boot.  I sent in my coupon and never got a response, as far as I know nobody ever did but I'm too embarrassed to ask Michishita about it.

and speaking of obscure releases, the Alvin Lucier piece for solo triangle is unbelievably great as well.

JR

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 07:21:52 AM »
I was wondering what recent things that have been ultra limited you'd all like to see reissued?

I'd be happy with just more widely available cdr issues of the Takahashi releases.

You may know this already - but Up-Tight's first album (CD-R from '99) will be coming out remastered and with bonus tracks on Archive w/in the next few weeks ( www.archivecd.com )

SILVUM

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 08:43:03 AM »

You may know this already - but Up-Tight's first album (CD-R from '99) will be coming out remastered and with bonus tracks on Archive w/in the next few weeks ( www.archivecd.com )

AWESOME!!

Jojo just sold the 1st and 2nd Up-Tight albums on EBAY for about $100 each, I was hoping someone would reissue those.. I never grabbed em when Ed or Chris had em for like $14 each.  Glad I held off.  Hopefully album 2 won't be far behind.

Oh yeah.. aRCHIVE CD RULES.. god I love that label....

JR

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 08:48:25 AM »
100% agree on archive being great...

I saw those auctions of which you speak - I lost my nerve in the $80 range...

krakow

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 04:06:31 PM »
This is great news.

Is this the self-titled album that's getting reissued? I hadn't ever actually looked at the band's website in detail and am foggy on the details of their discography, but it looks like they had a few cassettes before releasing the self-titled as (I assume first) a CD-R and then as a CD edition.

Which is the second album that was also on eBay?

SILVUM

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 06:01:35 PM »
I think the other was the Sweet Sister live disc.. I think that's the title...

JR

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 09:59:44 PM »
It is the self-titled debut album from '99.

As far as I know, their discography runs:

Self-titled
Five Psychedelic Pieces
Lucrezia
album with Makoto Kawabata
2003 Live (CD-R)
Sweet Sister Session Live

Variety of cassette and hopelessly rare stuff as well...

They have a track on:

Night Gallery Vol. 1
Hall of Mirrors x2 CD
Alchemism
Invisible Pyramid 9x CD (actually a three song suite)

That is the extent of what I own with the exception of Sweet Sister Live that I hope to acquire someday...

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:50 PM »
I saw those auctions of which you speak - I lost my nerve in the $80 range...

I had the first Uptight cd-r for sale in the shop section of the noise.as site for much cheaper than that...guess no one's going to want it now.