Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to Bid on Yahoo Japan Auctions from UK?  (Read 14716 times)

mc

• Occasional Poster
How to Bid on Yahoo Japan Auctions from UK?
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:41:49 AM »
Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks.

MC

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Re: How to Bid on Yahoo Japan Auctions from UK?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 04:06:04 AM »
There was some information given in the Haino thread:

There are many proxy services to help overseas buyers bid on Yahoo JP auctions.
In particular; http://www.spe.bigbig.com/, Hajime/parachutes (haji0312@gmail.com), and Hide (info@sharpservice.jp / http://sharpservice.jp/ [which seems to be down right now]).

I have used Hajime several times to buy mainly clothes and books online and have had no troubles.

I've not ever done this myself though.

alancummings

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:40:32 AM »
Even if you manage to navigate your way through the Japanese sign-up process, virtually all sellers refuse to ship abroad. And many will never have heard of Paypal.
One of the proxy services is probably your best bet, unless you know someone in Japan willing to help out.

mc

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 10:02:59 PM »
Thanks,

I found and used a proxy service called Japonica Records, they placed my bid (on a Sunday), I won the item (Marble Sheep's 1st) and they will invoice me (Paypal) once they they receive the item - then post it on.  They seem completely sound.

MC

krakow

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 06:17:28 AM »
Sounds good. Congratulations on your win, did you get a reasonable price? Keep us posted on how it works out with the proxy service. From their website (http://www.japonicarecords.com/), it looks like a solid set up.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 06:24:45 AM by krakow »

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 06:48:26 AM »

I found and used a proxy service called Japonica Records, they placed my bid (on a Sunday), I won the item (Marble Sheep's 1st) and they will invoice me (Paypal) once they they receive the item - then post it on.  They seem completely sound.

If you don't mind my asking, how much did it end up costing you? I haven't seen a copy of this for sale for a while, so wonder if there was much interest in it (& full disclosure - I have a copy I might sell sometime  ;))

mc

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 12:06:27 AM »
I got it for 3500yen (that was the start price and no-one else bid), I think it'll come to 5500yen with Japonica's charges and registered delivery to UK.  So total of about £32.50 or US$55 which I think is pretty fair.  I think the last copy I saw on Ebay went for about £45. 

I'll actually combine shipping with a copy of Amon Duul's Rare Eternal Flashback CD which I got at 1000yen to make Japonica's postage charges more cost effective, I'll probably then sell this on ebay - I think I got £25 when I sold one of these before.

There's a load of Gerogerigegege 7" for sale on Yahoo Auctions Japan at a good price right now for anyone interested.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:10:19 AM by mc »

krakow

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 03:06:09 AM »
There's a load of Gerogerigegege 7" for sale on Yahoo Auctions Japan at a good price right now for anyone interested.

I assume that this is the link for the ones you're meaning:
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/search/auc?p=%A5%B2%A5%ED%A5%B2%A5%EA%A5%B2%A5%B2%A5%B2&auccat=0

(Link thanks to Coquille from the Another load thread.)

I'll be interested to hear how long the postage takes of the stuff bought through the proxy service - let us know when the Japonica items turn up mc.

mc

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2008, 06:23:12 AM »
Yeah - I'm not an outright noise freak but I do recommend the Sexual Behaviour in Human Male CD

mc

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 12:36:22 AM »
Just got my delivery (Marble Sheep's 1st and Amon Duul - Eternal Flashback)  from Japonica Records today (proxy buyer for Yahoo Japan Auctions).

The service was excellent and is very easy to use, they just like you to have a good positive Ebay rating.  The responded to all my email queries, and invoiced once they'd received both the CDs I won (no deposit required).  Packaging was excellent and prices are competitive.  They put the reduced price I asked for on the customs form as well.

Excellent all round, and highly recommended for those hard to get goodies that rarely make it out of Japan.

BzL

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 07:37:59 PM »
I'd just like to see how much it would cost in total for this:
http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n54276667
Mikami Kan 13-CD box from PSF

It is insanely expensive but I would like to know how much would be the shipping cost to Europe and service from Japonica in total... As the weight of the item would be important, paying twice the shipping costs + service to Japonica would be quite expensive in itself, wouldn't it?

Thanks in advance if anyone helps.  :)

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 08:37:32 PM »
Hi BzL,
I don't know Japonica but you can calculate by yourself here below : http://www.japonicarecords.com/fee_payment.htm

I think sending this box set to France should be around 5500/6500 yens with EMS shipping. EMS works in France with Chronopost, that means you could get your package within 3 days. But take care with the customs, if the package has a full declared value you would pay some customs, around 75 euros. So you have to ask the seller to declare a lower value, around 3000 yens if you want to avoid some "bad surprises" with VAT because then after there's no way to get your package without paying!
Also you have to pay a 15 euros flat fee more to Chronopost for every customs declaration, officially with a 22 Euros value on every package you have to pay some  VAT.

Sad news, I know, but in the past I experienced these problems and I had some regrets and I cried for hours !

Phos

krakow

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2008, 07:08:34 AM »
Wow, that's more than a wee bit pricey (40,000 Yen ~ £300), let alone with shipping and commission and various fees. A rare chance for a sealed copy though.

Coquille

Re: How to Bid.... Mikami Box
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »
I see at Modern Music 三上寛BOX [PSFD-110-122] has "sold out", was 29,400円.
i think we got one of last because they were sold at a discount with the complete contents, because  no actual boxes were left at the end of the run.

But BzL, and perhaps AC can help, were, what was initially the bonus stuff, been
subsequently released singly?

If you're looking at 450 euros (for 13 CDs) it might be worth considering :)

I suppose i could partially self-paraphrase a similar exchange
http://www.noise.as/forum/index.php/topic,83.msg771.html#msg771
And for the record, krakow, i know what you mean...

BzL

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2008, 07:03:08 AM »
Thank you so much for your respective replies  :) special tha,ks phos, for the link I did not find myself.
The price would be too much to afford, especially when I missed an opportunity to get this box for $200 (+shipping) last year; I did not know then that it was a sold-out and so sought-after release. Now I feel I really need that ink and paper. This is quite an understandable post-Mikami-gig reaction though. I always wanted to avoid buying any of the first ten solo albums on PSF, thinking about taking my chance in the future (and getting those 3 bonuses). After one year checking back quite often, I am beginning to regret immensely not having paid those 200 dollars. However, this is still not enough to go for a 400€ web shopping...

I guess I'll hope to see something for the 40-year anniversary...

"I just want a reissue.
Reissue... what else?"