Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to Bid on Yahoo Japan Auctions from UK?  (Read 15075 times)

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Re: How to Bid on Yahoo Japan Auctions from UK?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 05:26:18 PM »
It could all be even more academic if it gathers any interest and bids before the end date, given that we've decided that the starting price alone is pretty hefty (though put into context by the high original price of the set).

alancummings

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 05:52:48 PM »
There were three bonus disks in the Kan box - one called 'Dear John' which was re-recordings of his older 70s songs; a live disk from 1994; and his acoustic demo recordings for the Piranha Gundan project.
None have since been reissued, unlike the Tomokawa box bonus disks which have now all been made available separately.

Cover shots of the bonus disks on Discogs:
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1451141

pauladmin

• Administrator
  • Occasional Poster
    • Noise
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 10:52:59 AM »
Things were getting a bit off-topic with this thread, so I moved all the rest of the posts into the Japan music section, and started a new thread on Mikami Kan.

Christoph

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2009, 02:28:05 AM »
First post here, and it's a bit of a n00b question -

How would you go about ordering off Amazon.jp and/or Diskunion.net

I really want to order the HAUSU soundtrack but haven't a clue how to go about it. Google hasn't helped :(

alancummings

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2009, 07:30:56 AM »
i'm pretty sure that Disk Union won't ship outside Japan, so unless you have someone in Japan who's prepared to ship it on to you, that would be difficult. Amazon Japan will ship abroad, though their shipping charges can be ruinously expensive for a single CD. The ordering process is exactly the same as it is for any other Amazon, and you can turn on ordering in English. Which means the only problem is finding a Japanese release if you don't read/write the language.
Is this the release you mean?
http://tinyurl.com/m85tpy
You could also try CD Japan.

If all this sounds like a headache, some of the bidding/shopping proxy services previously discussed here should be able to sort you out.

Christoph

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 07:49:56 AM »
i'm pretty sure that Disk Union won't ship outside Japan, so unless you have someone in Japan who's prepared to ship it on to you, that would be difficult. Amazon Japan will ship abroad, though their shipping charges can be ruinously expensive for a single CD. The ordering process is exactly the same as it is for any other Amazon, and you can turn on ordering in English. Which means the only problem is finding a Japanese release if you don't read/write the language.
Is this the release you mean?
http://tinyurl.com/m85tpy
You could also try CD Japan.

If all this sounds like a headache, some of the bidding/shopping proxy services previously discussed here should be able to sort you out.

Thanks for the reply alan!

CD Japan actually did carry the soundtrack much to my suprise! It's one of my fav films (Hausu),  and it also happens to have an equally incredible soundtrack done by members of ゴダイゴ  - i'm so glad to add  it to my small, but growing CD collection! I'm gonna stick with CD Japan for future orders. Great company with really fair prices.