Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Miyazawa Shouici Jinchukan CD  (Read 3465 times)

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
Miyazawa Shouici Jinchukan CD
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:45:18 AM »

I saw this on eBay and liked the way it was described—Mikami Kan / Onna-like so I contacted the label and got it for $15 postpaid.

What a great album. Relentless rhythm chunk acid guitars with anguished vocals. While it can be called "folk" it definitely seems to have come from punk first. From what I can glean from my not good Japanese is that he was also in a group called Rabbits.

This is my favorite recent Japanese release after the live Vajra and new Onna CD. Anyone know the rest of Miyazawa's story? Is it worth knowing?

alancummings

Re: Miyazawa Shouici Jinchukan CD
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 06:15:42 PM »
Ninchugen (if that's how you read it, I'm not sure) is certainly a great punk-acid blast.
Inundow put out another album by him, slightly earlier stuff I think, called Kurisuto wa umagoya de umareta (ie Christ was born in a stable). That was acoustic, just guitar and vocals so perhaps a bit closer to the folk tag. And there was also a 2CD comp of live stuff, as well as a 2CD live Rabbits disk.
Inundow has a habit of not keeping things in print though, so I think all that's available at the moment are the Ninchugen thing, and a Rabbits CD called Winter Songs.
The solo stuff was originally released in the early 80s, some of it on flexidiscs. The Rabbits were a bit later. But as far as I know since then Miyazawa has gone totally AWOL.

Coquille

Re: Miyazawa Shouici Jinchukan CD
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 12:47:44 AM »
The only recording I have heard of Sho(u)ichi Miyazawa  宮沢正一
is   「人中間 (じんちゅうかん) 」-  is this the one you’re  discussing?

It really struck me as I thought there could be no more black clad/bespectacled (well, in spirit…..) guitarists after Haino, Mizutani, Kaneko, Jojo, Mikami (…?) etc…
But here was an album contemporary to “Watashi Dake?”, “Zouroku No Kibyou”,   plundering such profound starkness.  I have heard a little of Hiroshige’s solo stuff –this album I would recommend to those who also liked what they have heard from him.

This earlier reissue (2001、いぬん堂、WC-013) [限定500枚] was like ARCD-008 and PSFD-3/4, in that it was taken directly from the original vinyl (Smart Lookin’、 LP、 1982年) present with the surface noise that only complements the ambience of the aural palette!

The copy given to us had Redon’s “Le Cyclope” http://www2.plala.or.jp/Donna/redon.htm on the cover.
Inundow used another of his, the Arabian musician painting for the last live (solo, pre ザ・ラビッツ) compilation (2CD、WC-014).

Connection ????

btw. I see the Discogs entry (!) it was just remastered (リマスター盤) kami-style, but with the original ’82 cover art (2008、いぬん堂、WC-066).

Coquille

Miyazawa Shouici on Yahoo!オークション
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:01:54 PM »
Interesting auction of the original Miyazawa / The Rabbits
500 copies ltd. ed. CDs on Inundow:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w29679663