Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hijokaidan boxset  (Read 14849 times)

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
Re: Hijokaidan boxset
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »
Jojo knocked some money off and I simply can't miss this now. It has been ordered, and I just hope that UK customs don't get their money grabbing little hands on it to inflate the cost to me even more....

let us know how that works out....i assume Jojo is wise to these matters as I never had to pay customs on his packages

going to order mine just as soon as i scrape together enough case and try and have some restraint in terms of "lesser", un-boxed releases out there...

as the discogs.com description says it is packaged in a "cardboard cube" can someone elaborate on this please?   Are the discs just in simplified card/plastic wallets or proper jewel cases for instance?  is it something like the Merzbox?    I am curious as, often a lot of the price can be attributed to packaging so...   to not have each disc "properly" housed at that price would seem sketchy to me

I may be collector scum, obsessed with ink and paper, but I am not an eBay flipper and I am upset that you might have that impression. I'm a good guy, or at least I try.

it does irk me likewise that, completist collectors are smeared with the same brush as flippers, why assume you want to collect everything of an artist to sell it on, which makes no sense...flippers care only for the most limited editions and buy multiples of course not the bread and butter releases completists also purchase.   

Besides an item of this magnitude is worthless to a flipper, since it would not sell out in some years and even then not gain much value over it's original price or not enough to be worth "investing" in (given that selling fees would eat quite a lot of the profit in any case)  so why even there is the mention of flipping in here seems strange. 

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 08:57:36 PM »
I never even saw it mentioned on the Second Layer mailouts, so I guess maybe he sold out what he had on pre-orders alone?

For this price one would expect something pretty special in terms of packaging and overall quality - I'd be worried like wiredtrap says that the price/packaging ratio could be a bit sketchy in actuality and am similarly curious as to what people who have bought it say.

Coquille

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2009, 05:48:02 PM »
Now someone's gone and reviewed the whole darn thing !
http://ambolthuereviews.blogspot.com/2009/09/hijokaidan-noise.html
i hope i've the fortitude to just read it.

As the Los Angeles Free Music Society stated:
 "The music's free, but you have to pay for the plastic, paper, ink & glue" 
...though were only guilty of foisting an 10-CD box (+bonus).

…renders redundant my nitpicking and silly rant at : http://www.noise.as/forum/index.php/topic,43.msg613.html#msg613 

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »
Now someone's gone and reviewed the whole darn thing !
http://ambolthuereviews.blogspot.com/2009/09/hijokaidan-noise.html
i hope i've the fortitude to just read it.

haha, this guy actually says that it's a great introduction to noise music if you're looking to get into that kind of thing.  insanity...

btw i can't believe jojo included two of the discs from the previous box set in this set