Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hijokaidan boxset  (Read 14862 times)

lem09

• Occasional Poster
Re: Hijokaidan boxset
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2009, 04:55:34 AM »
Hey thanks.

He said "no idea right now but it’ll work out as cheap as going direct to the label".

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 06:30:53 AM »
Someone on the DFFD forums got in touch with Jojo @ Alchemy and heard the following about ordering directly from the UK:

I finally got a response from Alchemy and from them it would be $540 US including postage. Plus of course the risk of customs charges on top.

Will be very interested to see what Second Layer end up charging.

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 06:55:18 AM »
Japan postage is not really expensive and very safe, a registered airmail package from Japan to France usually takes between 5-8 days to arrive, you can ask PSF or IMJ to declare $20 as value to avoid customs.

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 07:11:33 AM »

Phos,
I'm dying to know whether or not you are actually going to buy this box. If you don't follow through I think you should be banned from posting how much it's going for on eBay.

You know you want it. Come on—buy it, burn it and sell it to the guy who missed out on it. I know you have it in you.

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 07:33:58 AM »
No I'm not going to buy that box set, I think 30 CDs are just too much...

I'm only posting some informations here, I think you can check by yourself, I don't think I ever mentioned Ebay there or something like that.

As I already did it in the past, I'm trying to tell people to purchase directly japanese CDS to japanese labels or distributors, in my opinion that's the best way to get them at the best price and yes I'm still thinking that supporting labels is important. I think that's what I wrote once here to Krakow.
I'm glad if you know me better than myself, if you could help in the future I'd really appreciate.
Sorry maybe there's something I've missed, could you explain me your answer considering my last post.
Feel free to contact me privately if you need, I'm opened to critics, discussions...
Banned, burnt in fire, why not ? Cheers !

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »

Phos,
Sorry I meant to ask Krakow about the box. My eyes were not going up far enough. Sorry about that. I meant no offense to you. Just typed the wrong name.

You are right though—it does make more sense to get this stuff directly and bypass the currency fluctuations etc.

krakow

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 04:51:17 PM »
Haha.

Can I take offence now then? Since it was meant in my direction.

I'm not going to buy this. It's too expensive and I'm nowhere near that big a fan of Hijokaidan, but I am interested and so like to post up information and take part in any discussion. Sorry if that rubs you the wrong way.

I may be collector scum, obsessed with ink and paper, but I am not an eBay flipper and I am upset that you might have that impression. I'm a good guy, or at least I try.

Yes, I post a lot in the eBay thread, but that's because I'm trying to help other folks on here who may be looking for items and not know they were for sale there, and out of general interest, of course. I very often put my money where my mouth is, as many will attest to, but not in this case, unless something extraordinary happens to my finances in the near future.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:56:18 PM by krakow »

Semperet

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »
Crack on Krakow. I'm interested in these inflationary times and I frequently miss ebay listings. So although Iive no intention of buying the Tokuma releases at this time and that price, I still want to know what they're going for.
Similarly, I want to see how high Soul's True Love goes for--I got a copy on Ebay for cheap and like to rationalise future purchases according to how much money I saved on things I got at bargain price.
What, is space on this forum precious or something?
Carry on, sir.

aquabahn

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 10:41:14 PM »
Please do continue. I haven't been able indulge my hoarding instincts for some time but I do get a bit of a vicarious thrill from the auction postings.
And this sentiment: "I got a copy on Ebay for cheap and like to rationalise future purchases according to how much money I saved on things I got at bargain price." is one I totally share.

I'd love to buy those Tokuma releases--though not at that price-- but my money is committed to the Takayanagi box for the time being.

krakow

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 10:51:19 PM »
I'm pretty sure that natsukas didn't mean too much untoward by it anyway.

Onwards...

natsukas

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2009, 05:56:06 AM »

I felt like I was watching a guy at a record store pick up a record, look at it and then put it back but over a longer period of time. That's all I was saying. The suspense was killing me!

I love buying stuff like this and then finding out that I didn't like/need it and then selling it and getting something else but as far as Hijokaidan goes I like "Tapes" and "Viva Angel" after that not so much. Takayanagi box? I'm listening...

krakow

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2009, 08:14:21 AM »
I felt like I was watching a guy at a record store pick up a record, look at it and then put it back but over a longer period of time. That's all I was saying. The suspense was killing me!

Fair point. It's an expression of heart says yes, mind says no, in this case, and, at £300-odd, the mind wins, though I still want. I can't stop annoyingly fondling that record...

I didn't buy the Incapacitants box either, and that was a lot more modest, but generated similar levels of desire and admiration from me.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 08:16:23 AM by krakow »

krakow

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2009, 05:55:14 AM »
Here we go, the moment of truth:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370213609029

Jojo has it on eBay now for $450 including UK shipping.

baby donut

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »
Jojo knocked some money off and I simply can't miss this now. It has been ordered, and I just hope that UK customs don't get their money grabbing little hands on it to inflate the cost to me even more....

ADJ

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »
Hello everyone,

I found this thread after searching around for info on the Hijokaidan 30 CD set.

I got a copy from Second Layer (London) for £329.99. VolcanicT are selling £20 less, so, same price inc registered p&p in U.K.

SL told me they sold out of their copies - I don't know if Pete will get more. VT are taking orders now... but, if Pete is getting more, it's always nice to go collect it in person so maybe check with SL if your location permits.

I hope this helps.