Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hijokaidan boxset  (Read 14858 times)

alancummings

Hijokaidan boxset
« on: July 01, 2008, 07:26:26 AM »
In a recent entry on his blog, Jojo mentions that next year will be Hijokaidan's 30th anniversary, and that he's considering putting together a 30cd set to commemorate - one disk for each year of the group's existence.

janitorfrommars

• Occasional Poster
Re: Hijokaidan boxset
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 03:22:46 AM »
hmmm, so that'll be 1 cd covering 1979 through 1990 and 29 of performances from 1991-2009?   i'm only half joking, if it's actually a cd of material per year that would be pretty exciting but i can't really imagine that much stuff just sitting around

almudeno69

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:58:38 AM »
Hello

This remember me like the 50 CDs merzbox of MERZBOW...it's extreme.

www.freewebs.com/almudeno69

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 07:31:23 AM »
ill be happy to spend the money on this thing, just hope it's not too expensive.   $300 would be a reasonable price

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 05:33:34 AM »
any news/updates on this?

alancummings

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 06:26:31 AM »
Jojo has posted a couple of times on it recently on his blog. It seems that he is now going through the tapes to prepare the masters. It seems that there is probably three cds worth of unreleased stuff from the earliest duo line-up of the group with Naoki Zushi. Anyway, he seems excited by it all.
He also mentioned that there is going to be a book about the group - not entirely clear whether this will be part of the box or separate.

alancummings

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »
Another update from Jojo on the Hijokaidan 30th anniversary 30 CD boxset, which now seems to be provisionally titled 「ザ・ノイズ」("The Noise").
He says he is aiming at a release date in May, probably late May. The contents are currently being edited and he expects to have the masters ready this month. 90% of the material will be previously unreleased, including 3 CDs worth of material by the original Jojo/Zushi duo line-up, and one CD of material by the various collaborative ...Kaidan units.

alancummings

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 02:40:17 AM »
Latest on this is that a release date of June 16 has now been set, that Alchemy are now taking reservations and that there is a discounted price for those who reserve now (45,000 yen as opposed to 52,500 yen). Which is a reasonable enough price for 30 cds.
As previously announced, the set will be limited to 500 copies.

There is no info posted in English yet, or anything about overseas postal charges. But the reservation email address is: ams@yd5.so-net.ne.jp

wiredtrap

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2009, 01:35:32 AM »
Damn, that's much more expensive than I expected

Does the cheaper price last until the release date?   I can't afford it right now (can anybody?)  but i'll try and place a reservation anyway (assuming reservation is not the same as a pre-order in this case?)

This better be worth the money..

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2009, 03:55:24 AM »
Let us know if anyone tries to order this from overseas, particularly the UK.

I wonder if any UK shops or distros will get this. I'd think that Volcanic Tongue would be a good bet, but god only knows what they'd charge.

Thanks very much for the updates alan, they're appreciated.

baby donut

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 11:00:49 PM »
As above... if anyone outside Japan gets to order this - please let us know how you came to do it - I'm not having much luck myself.

I've asked Pete at Second Layer if he intends to get any in - be a damn sight cheaper than VT if he does.

krakow

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2009, 04:31:31 PM »
Let us know if you hear from Pete @ Second Layer, he'd be a good bet.

Improvised Music From Japan or PSF might also be doable in terms of relatively easy communications and shipping.

All academic for me, as I've decided this is just too expensive at the moment, but I'm still interested.

lem09

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 07:28:51 PM »
Does anyone have any further advice on ordering this in the UK? I want it for the 45,000 price, not so sure about anything more.

I've sent an email to Second Layer but that's it.

Thanks.

lem09

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 07:58:48 PM »
Second Layer say they're getting some in in 3 weeks or so.

Thanks.

krakow

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 06:11:51 AM »
Thanks for the news. Did he mention any idea of a price?