Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: new Haino action  (Read 16426 times)

alancummings

new Haino action
« on: April 17, 2008, 05:55:22 AM »
After a fairly quiet few months, there's now a mini-avalanche of new Haino titles. Well, if three titles can be said to constitute a mini-avalanche:

Haino/Tatsuya Yoshida, Hauenfiomiume (Magaibutsu) - just out, with mucho editing and post-production by Yoshida.
http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~ruins/eng/magaibutsu_eng.html

Haino/Yoshida, Uhrfasudhasdd (Tzadik) - due late May, volume two of the above.
http://www.tzadik.com/

Kikuri, Pulverized Purple (Victo) - just out. Live Haino/Masami Akita duo from the Canadian festival last year.
http://www.victo.qc.ca/

phos

• Occasional Poster
Re: new Haino action
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2008, 07:10:49 AM »
There's also a book (japanese & english) and CD compilation to add  to Haino's collection :

COMPILATION 
SUBSTANTIALS #03
108 pages + CD
CCA (Center for Contemporary Art) KITAKYUSHU
Réf : isbn 978-4-901387-72-9

With Keiji Haino, Dickson Dee, William Bennett, Russell Haswell, Toshiji Mikawa.

After checking it on the CCA website it seems this compilation was issued on November 30, 2007
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 07:47:42 AM by phos »

alancummings

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2008, 05:45:05 PM »
I hadn't heard about the book/CD, and it hasn't been mentioned on any of the usual Japanese sources. What's the Haino content?

BzL

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 09:12:13 PM »
After a fairly quiet few months, there's now a mini-avalanche of new Haino titles. Well, if three titles can be said to constitute a mini-avalanche:

Haino/Tatsuya Yoshida, Hauenfiomiume (Magaibutsu) - just out, with mucho editing and post-production by Yoshida.
http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~ruins/eng/magaibutsu_eng.html

Haino/Yoshida, Uhrfasudhasdd (Tzadik) - due late May, volume two of the above.
http://www.tzadik.com/

Kikuri, Pulverized Purple (Victo) - just out. Live Haino/Masami Akita duo from the Canadian festival last year.
http://www.victo.qc.ca/
I didn't hear anything about this collaboration with Merzbow, thanks for the big new!

If I may add something, I read somewhere that "Hauenfiomiume" was scheduled to be released on Tzadik during May. I just can't wait to hear all of these.

Still no further information about the new solo album on PSF?

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 03:35:40 PM »
If I may add something, I read somewhere that "Hauenfiomiume" was scheduled to be released on Tzadik during May. I just can't wait to hear all of these.

In addition to the Japanese issue that's already out? The Tzadik website mentions "Uhrfasudhasdd" in their upcoming listings, but not "Hauenfiomiume" at the moment.

I agree that the Merzbow collaboration on Victro is the most immediately exciting prospect to me personally. I wasn't particularly enticed by the descriptions of "Hauenfiomiume" that I've read thus far.

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 04:57:15 PM »
COMPILATION 
SUBSTANTIALS #03
108 pages + CD
CCA (Center for Contemporary Art) KITAKYUSHU
Réf : isbn 978-4-901387-72-9

With Keiji Haino, Dickson Dee, William Bennett, Russell Haswell, Toshiji Mikawa.

It seems this compilation was issued on November 30, 2007

Tracklisting is :

Keiji Haino : The wish that nothing can be done, but then, wich gushes out of the subconscious of transformation (16:00)

Dickson Dee : Walking on the street (10:27)

William Bennet : Kitakyushu live set (6:49)

Russel Hasswell : Meteorological Disturbance (9:52)

Toshiji Mikawa : Ikkism condensed (10:02)

Around 16 pages with an interview some vignettes/pictures of Haino in action.

In Europe you can find it through metamkine french mailorder here
http://www.metamkine.com/

BzL

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Wow, it seems to be a very good compilation. The previous ones also seem very good (Otomo Yoshihide or Francisco Lopez). The price is quite high though, 23€... I'd like to see what it looks like.
Are there 16 pages just for Haino Keiji in the booklet?

Krakow - I'll look for the webpage where I read about a RE on Tzadik  :)

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 05:54:38 PM »
I agree that the Merzbow collaboration on Victro is the most immediately exciting prospect to me personally. I wasn't particularly enticed by the descriptions of "Hauenfiomiume" that I've read thus far.
[/quote]

Well, in my opinion "Hauenfiomiume" is quite interesting, these 2 guys are nuts here and this first CD is really sounding like a "real" collaboration further than the previous releases. If you are interested both in Haino and Yoshida with Ruins, you should listen this type of "Magma" collision.

Even better for my tastes is the Vajra recent live...A great intensity if you did like the mythic Yoshizawa / Mikami / Haino LPs, don't wait a minute.

Personnally I don't listen so much the Haino collaborations but these last days I was really surprised by the 2 mentioned albums.

phos

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 06:00:37 PM »
Wow, it seems to be a very good compilation. The previous ones also seem very good (Otomo Yoshihide or Francisco Lopez). The price is quite high though, 23€... I'd like to see what it looks like.
Are there 16 pages just for Haino Keiji in the booklet?

Krakow - I'll look for the webpage where I read about a RE on Tzadik  :)

Yes 16 pages are for Haino with some small purple pictures, honestly the interview is not essential and I haven't heard so far the music. For French readers the last Revue & Corrigée magazine has an interesting Haino interview with Michel Henritzi

alancummings

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2008, 06:14:47 PM »
I think that Hauenfiomiume is actually more interesting than most are giving credit for. While it's not entirely clear from the description, it is actually a post-production Teo Macero  editing job by Yoshida. Some of it is what you'd expect from their previous collaborations (ie manic), other parts are a lot stranger texturally.
Intriguing too to speculate why Haino should suddenly have gone for this methodology, in spite of his longstanding aversion to overdubbing. Maybe all the live self-sampling he has been doing over the past few years has changed his mind.

BzL

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 06:19:06 PM »
Many thanks for the informations phos! I'll check the magazine this weekend if I find it.  :D

If Haino steps into the world of overdubbing, I can't imagine the next solo releases! Walls of noise? Cutting/Editing? It's strange to hear that he is not against it anymore, really.

inge

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 11:22:01 PM »
Seeing his live performances it's indeed hard to understand his stance on overdubbing. By the way since these news seem to show up pretty late I noticed that Haino is set to play two dates in Texas in June.

alancummings

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2008, 08:06:02 AM »
Couple of Haino tracks on a new live compilation "U.F.O.Club Tokyo Japan Vol.4" on Captain Trip. One track with Sanhedolin, one with a trio including ECD and Illicit Tsuboi:
http://www.captaintrip.co.jp/new9.html

BzL

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »
Thanks for the link!

Oh by the way, since the day before yesterday, it's now possible to purchase "Uhrfasudhasdd" from an eBay seller. It seems it was issued a little bit quicker than planned! This one will certainly sound pretty much like the Maigabutsu release.

BzL

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2008, 04:25:52 AM »
I just saw the DVD released during live gigs in Japan, called 21st Feb.2008. It just blew my mind! Finally an official video release with recent footage, and a new solo release.

Is there any chance for European audience (well, worldwide, or at least me) to grab one copy somewhere?