Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Broom Dusters LP on Siwa  (Read 3320 times)

Alan S

• Occasional Poster
Broom Dusters LP on Siwa
« on: May 31, 2007, 02:39:09 AM »
Broom Dusters
"Sound from the bottom of the Tokyo underground" Live 1998
LP only edition of 300

Siwa is delighted to offer up this LP of archive in-the-red live recordings by the Broom Dusters, a Tokyo outfit led by Masami Kawaguchi in the late 1990's. The trio specialized in a jagged, lurching hybrid of amped up psych and garage blues topped off with Kawaguchi's distinctive vocal moan. Kawaguchi was at the time a member of Keiji Haino's Aihiyo trio and has since gone on to found the late Miminokoto and his new outfit New Rock Syndicate. He also currently does duties as second guitarist in LSD-March. The collection of live material on this LP was recorded in 1998 and mastered by Soichiro Nakamura at Peace music studio in 2005.

This LP only release comes in handsome gold/black screenprinted packaging. It's numbered and limited to 315 with no plans for a CD edition so if it's of any interest to you it might be best to throw money at me immediately.....

This information repeated along with sound samples and ordering instructions can be found at http://www.siwarecords.com
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 02:00:39 PM by Alan S »

krakow

• Rock on rebel warriors!
    • Crimson Glow Photography
Re: Broom Dusters LP on Siwa
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 04:43:55 PM »
Things like this contribute to the eventual abandonment of my "no vinyl, no cd-rs, no tapes" standing. I love Miminokoto and was sad to see them call it a day. Haven't yet had much of a chance to listen to the New Rock Syndicate stuff, but pretty much anything involving Masami Kawaguchi sounds more than tempting to me.

anzineer

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 07:44:44 AM »
can't wait till my copy arrives.  i've purchased everything from his purifiva page that i can get my hands on, but does anyone know if he released anything when with Tsuru no ko, other than the tokyo flashback comp on PSF?  or anything else that's not included on the purifiva page.

alancummings

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 06:41:06 PM »

Haven't heard of anything else by Tsurunoko. But there a few other holes in the Purifiva discographies - for example, I have a four-track Broomdusters cassette called "Mitai". And while he lists groups that he was a member of like LSD March, he has for some reason omitted Haino's Aihiyo (he plays on both their albums).

Alan

can't wait till my copy arrives.  i've purchased everything from his purifiva page that i can get my hands on, but does anyone know if he released anything when with Tsuru no ko, other than the tokyo flashback comp on PSF?  or anything else that's not included on the purifiva page.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:45:38 PM by alancummings »

anzineer

• Occasional Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 07:52:27 AM »
thanks alan, i have/or had both the Aihiyo albums at some point, but didn't know Masami was on bass.